It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Trailer issues, need advice 
MMT Member

Post Trailer issues, need advice
This offseason my father in law gave me a trailer for my boat, it was a major upgrade to my old trailer that my 1648 just seemed to big for, i went ahead and installed some bunk brackets as it was setup for a shallow v, fast forward to trailering it back and forth for a month i know have major issues, the trailer has 2 bunks and the bow roller which i always tightened right tight to the bow eyelet like before but now something serious is going wrong, the boat has split at the seam right where the roller makes contact, making me think either it is bouncing bad or all the weight is on the roller, the boat is very light, a 1648 with 25hp longtail, i need some help asap in how to set this trailer up

Thanks, jim

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:49 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Trailer issues, need advice
I have pretty much the exact same set up bro. What I did to take the stress off of the bow where the trailer makes contact with the boat is put a trailer bracket with a 2x4 that ran left to right on my trailer, so it ran the width of the boat. I made sure it was positioned on the trailer in a way that the boat would actually rest on it when on the trailer instead of the bow. Also, if you don't strap your boat in the center, I would recommend doing that. It helps a lot in keeping the boat from bouncing up and down.

Also, if you have trouble fixing that front end on your boat, the guys at H and H marine on Barrow street in Houma do really good fabrication work on aluminum boats. I had a transom remade by those guys and my dad did as well and they both came out flawless.

Hope this helps bro.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:49 pm
MMT 1000 Club

So how many accounts do you need? :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=71338

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:54 pm
MMT Member

first time using the tapatalk app, didnt think it posted, so i did it again, sorry

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:27 am
MMT Member

Wchauvin, that was my exact idea, i made some brackets up tonight and im going to try them out in the morning

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:29 am
MMT 1000 Club

Awesome bro, let me know how it comes out and if it worked well for you. If not, I can get with my old man and see if he has a better idea. He is a commercial fisherman and seems to have unlimited knowledge on topics like this.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]