It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Boat builders question 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Boat builders question
I'm looking at doing some aluminum work in my shop (brackets, counter top, shelves, other crap), how is the new tariff that Trump put on steel and aluminum affecting pricing? Haven't bought much sheet aluminum lately so can't compare. I do know however, that I just bought a load of steel tubing for a fence job and that shit was ridiculous. Almost doubled in price. Figured I ask the boat builders being there buying this shit all the time.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:04 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Boat builders question
I'm fixing to send in a pretty big material list for a quote, I'll let you know what I find out.

Just bought a bunch of 24' sheets couple weeks back, right before the tariff announcement, so it should be a good comparison to see what the price has really done.

Justin

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 am
MMT Member

I'm in the metal roofing bus and as od 4-1-18 we are seeing our material prices go up. Not much but then they go up same amount by 5-1-18. Then there telling us to hold on for really wild ride! I think Trump is great but he fucked us on this one. raw steel company's in the USA are benefitting from this...not there employees but the high brass.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:49 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Yep[ I have noticed since this thread, that prices at my local steel yard have gone up yet again. I didn't price the aluminum, but steel sure has. I talked to my shop builder the other day. He told me that my 30 x 60 would have been almost $8,000 more if I were to build it now.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]