It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Stumpjumper Finished 
MMT Pro Member

Post Stumpjumper Finished
Have had several people ask about my Boat. This is an 1854 extra Thick Aluminum Hull with a 40HP Gatortail engine on it. It was made by Mike Cassell in Center TX. This boat is 72" across the top. This boat is about as indestructible as you can get. My only regrets are that the Troll Motor shaft is a little long and I might have been able to use two Livewells in the boat instead of one. The Long Storage box was extended to store Fishing Poles. The Box on the other side holds Dry Storage. If I had made two Livewells I would have had to figure out how to put in a Box for Dry Storage. This boat has a Bilge pump and an On-Board Battery Charger for the Cranking Battery and the Troll Motor Battery. I changed the Prop to get more Takeoff Speed and the jury is still out on that change. This Boat also has Spud Poles. I never figured I would use this since I don't Duck Hunt but surprisingly I use the Spud Poles most times when I go out. I also had plastic Boards put on to make the Boat slide on the Trailer a little easier. This weekend I put on a Lowrance Hook2 Splitshot Depth Finder. I originally bought a Lorance with all the Side Scan and everything on it, but I found that it had an 8" Transducer which would have been broken in no time. The thing on the back is a Transducer Mount that I had Mike build. This will allow me to pull up the Transducer to jump Logs and stumps when I need to. Boat has Driving Lights on Front and the CB looking Whip is Unbreakable LED Running Lights. The Navigation Lights are recessed into the Hull on each side. Still need a little more Hydroturf on it and I need to put a Clevis to tie the Anchor to. This boat very easily and comfortably lets three people fish and possibly 4. Just Trussell and I was 585lbs and I am guessing Stephanie weighs about 125 so it handles the Weight well. For those that will ask it ran 27 in deep water with two grown men before I changed the Prop. It has a Gatortail Fat Blade Prop on it now and I have not been where I can run it wide open. Before the Prop change I felt I had more Motor than Prop.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]