It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Four Rivers Mini vs Momarsh Fatboy DP 
MMT Member

Post Four Rivers Mini vs Momarsh Fatboy DP
I have a gator trax 1754 but needing something smaller not necessarily to hunt from but more transportation when our farm floods (woods & fields) and I’m hunting by myself with my lab. Which is a better built boat for quality, room, and stability?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:23 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Four Rivers Mini vs Momarsh Fatboy DP
I've only had the dp. It's a real stable boat and quite roomy. Ain't worth a squat for maneuvering around, the ass end will come around easily so it doesn't track well at all and that's the only reason I sold mine and built one more for planing and moving around through the woods. I have no experience with the four rivers.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:11 pm
MMT Member

What did you build? I mainly will be going through the flooded timber. I wonder how the 4 rivers mini will maneuver in the woods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:59 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I highly recommend a sit on top kayak. I have one that'll tote 450 lbs. Should handle you and a lab and your gear pretty easy. I dont have a cheap one, but I didnt get it just to paddle around. You wouldn't need anything more than what tractor supply or academy sells, and if you decide to ever upgrade, you aren't that deep into the first one and will know what you want out of the more expensive options. You can even build a nice little blind out of PVC that fits into the scuppers and some burlap and grass or limbs.

I havent spent time in either of your choices, but considering your intended use, it might just be what you're looking for. If you do go that route, get some foam nerf balls for the scupper holes. The plugs aren't all they're cut out to be.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:59 pm
MMT 1000 Club

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]