It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Facelift & Re-Power 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Facelift & Re-Power
I was getting some pretty annoying prop chatter at low idle. It would go away if I bumped up 100-200 rpms, but I got this motor so I could use it to troll, among other reasons. With it isles all the way down, I could troll down to about 2.3 mph which is pretty good for pike.

This was with the stock 15 pitch Yamaha prop.

I exchange that prop for a Yamaha Talon prop with the different style hub tomorrow. That is supposed to be step one to fix the prop chatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:40 pm
MMT 1000 Club

New talon prop is the same diameter, 13.5”.

Went from a 15 pitch to a 12 pitch with more cup on the blades. The talon has the different hub design I guess.

Short story, no vibration, holds great in corners, great hole shot, took it to 30 mph easy easy. Seems to be able to jack up pretty high before it slips.

This was all on a short run tonight, so more to follow.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:06 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Good stuff bro

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:12 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Another update, I was able to get out in better conditions and there was still a bit of prop chatter in gear once you pull the RPMs all the way down.

It really planes out quickly. I’ll bet with the jacker in the right position it takes less than 2 boat lengths.

Power is a very notable increase from the mud motor. The motor will make a noticeable jump all throughout the mid range if you decide to gas it.

Took it up to 30-33 with 2 people, dog and fishing gear with coolers. It was effortless to get there. I’ll bet you could carry a house in this thing right now. If you wanted to go fast I’ll bet you could prop for that and really haul the mail.

I am swapping out the Talon prop for a mercury prop with their Flo Torque 4 hub. I pick that up today and hope to run it tomorrow.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:32 am
MMT 1000 Club

Another run tonight. Just me and the dog with a little fishing gear.

Doesn’t go all that fast. I was Running 34 sustained, it felt like there was more from the motor but I ran out of prop.

I think I’m ok with that though, I’d rather be able to plane out a load headed to camp. I don’t think the boat would be all that fun around 40 mph.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:29 pm
MMT Pro Member

Any updates? Interested in how you are liking the jack plate.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2