It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Gator Trax 1650 Marsh Series with 40HP EFI Mudbuddy review 
MMT Member

Post Gator Trax 1650 Marsh Series with 40HP EFI Mudbuddy review
I used this forum a lot to decide what to buy so thought I should give back by giving a review.

Boat: gator trax 1650 marsh series
Accessories: blind, trolling motor, 2 batteries, onboard charging, fish finder, 8 gal gas tank, full hydro turf, turf poles
Motor: 40 HP EFI mud buddy all stock
Seats: plastic "dove seats" swivel and have coolers on the bottom, 4 of them
Lights: spotlight and floods and onboard lighting and usual navigation lights

First trip and only one so far. Took to local lake with all the gear listed above on it plus 150 lb wife, 75 and 90 lb kids and myself 280 lber plus all the stuff listed above. I figure pretty close to 1000 lbs of gear and people

Once I got the trim sorted out I was happy cruising at 35-37 mpg with all that load in open water 10ft to however much deeper it was. Ran on smooth water on water with 1 -1.5 ft chop. didn't matter went that fast maxed out

accelerated nice was fun to drive

slides some in turns, this boat has a square chine but totally manageable

Easy enough to drive the lady drove it around and smiled with glee, enjoyed sliding it around some in the corners

floats well super stable I could walk around without any issues or concerns even walk on the gunnels and totally solid

lots of room to hunt or fish out of which is the plan

when reversed full throttle it did push some water into the boat but nothing crazy.

Never came over the back from full throttle to no throttle when going forward

I am sure I would be ok loading 2000 lbs in the boat and go faster than I want to with that load! It was actually fast enough I sometimes felt a little bit like dang this is a little boat with low sides should I really be ripping like this? LOL

I am super happy looking forward to all the fun I will have in it.

5 star recommendation of combo

Also the blind is really as easy as in the video gator trax put out

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:55 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Gator Trax 1650 Marsh Series with 40HP EFI Mudbuddy revi
That’s some excellent performance for a stock motor. Very good my bro. What prop are you running on it?

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:21 pm
MMT Member

Its all stock, whatever 4 blade prop mud buddy sends it out with

Guys at Freeway sports thought I would be over 30 MPH and it is for sure

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:25 pm
MMT 1000 Club

They don’t make a 4 blade for mud boats bro. They tried one years ago but it didn’t work out. You probably have a mercury 3 blade or a raptor on there I would guess

Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:37 am
MMT Member

You are right it’s a 3 blade!

Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:49 pm
MMT Member

Just updating on my experience

Been trolling in this for trout and for Kokanee all summer. Works but not great to troll in flat bottom boat I learned. But I have executed it successfully many times now

First duck hunt out of it was a week or so ago. All I can say is with 3 guys shooting the stability is awesome. Boat is so low profile it hides fast and very well. Blind is a little short for 6-4 guys but got the job done.

First real mud and tule trip as well on the duck hunt. It leaves nothing to be desired super impressive and a 40HP on that boat lets you shoot out of any crap you stop or want to turn around in.

I was also surprised at well it took 20+ mph winds and 2 foot white caps...I have to say I was nervous but it rode through it well. I had to drive about 20-30 mins in open water with those conditions. Way drier than I expected and way more stable

Its still fast and still fun to slide in the corners.

If any of you are on the fence about this boat I love it. Better that war eagle I owned for sure!

Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]