It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Pro-drive gas tank 
MMT Member

Post Pro-drive gas tank
New pro-drive 1854 x series came in, and I ordered it with two gas tanks. It came with the fuel line to one of the tanks with a quick connect . I figured it would come with a Y coming off the fuel line and one hose feeding into each tank. Is there a problem with doing that? If not I plan on doing it. I’ll send a pic of how it came.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 07, 2020 7:43 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Pro-drive gas tank
One more connection to have an air leak but it's not a big deal. If you've seen all the posts about people with engine troubles that turned out to be a hose clamp or fitting, you wouldn't bother. Plus, if it's the metal type used on outboards, it'll never be an issue swapping from one tank to the other in the cold. The plastic ones are fine, I used one for 6 years one a couple tanks, but swapping over to the metal one finally so it's the same as my dad's in case he gets water in his gas again (happens at least once a season lol).

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thu May 07, 2020 8:41 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Pro-drive gas tank
Thanks, really appreciate the response. I was just assuming it would all be connected, but when I saw it wasn’t I knew it had to be something like that. Guess I’ll just leave it and make the 10 foot walk to switch tanks. #firstworldprobs

Thu May 07, 2020 9:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]