It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Boat hot 
MMT Addict

Post Boat hot
Does that spray liner work and does it make wear u can walk bear footed on it because for now it is hotter. Than hell

[color=#FFBF00]Team Pro-Drive

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:15 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Boat hot
Hydroturf, enough said................ Well, and that the spray liner I had in my old truck still got kinda hot. The hydroturf cushions your feet. I find that I don't get down in my back after long days of riding after standing on it. Unless its cold I'm kicking off the shoes in the boat.

"I do think there is a Squatch in these woods"!!!!!

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:24 pm
MMT Addict

Were do you buy how much and does it just glue down I have a 18x60g3 cc and it gets so hot for try to take kids fishing or bow fishing

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:29 pm
MMT Elite Member

http://www.hydroturf.com/
Click: Shop our products. Then specials or sheets of HT.

Alot of us used the B-grade (seconds) at 30.00 a sheet. You can get it with the glue backing or without. I did my hull using the Weldwood glue which is what Hydroturf suggests. Considering that 1 qt may get you by on the whole boat @ 12.00 a qt as compaired to 25.00 extra per sheet it is a great buy. And other than a couple spots at an edge it has held up great. Easy to reglue any that comes up. I used 5 sheets on my hull.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:40 pm
MMT Addict

I went with a roll in liner called Durabak from Cote-L Industries. Cost was about $100 per gallon including shipping. The stuff is similar to truck bed liner except that it has rubber granules in it that get hard. It makes for an extremely non slip surface. Can be pressure washed and will resist oil and gas. Like any spray/roll in liner, the heat factor depends on color. The darker you go...the hotter it will be. During the summer I can walk barefooted as well. You can call/email the company and they will send you a free sample swatch of any color. I went with the brown because it seemed to be more hunter friendly. There is a light blue or grey that would probably draw even less heat.

As compared to Pokers cost estimate the Durabak would run close. Its just a matter of what you want/like/. The liner I have is two years old and hasn't chipped. If you need to patch it they have quart sized that you just apply on top of what you have. I like mine and it should be lifetime. I did mine when I painted the boat the first time, so application time was only a couple of hours total. Total cost was about $200 which is comparable to HT.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:48 pm
MMT Addict

my gatorhide is line-x'd. I HATE IT!!! i bought it that way. if i could get it all out easily i would hydroturf the whole damn thing. the lining is HOT and SLICK when mud gets on it. hydroturf is the way to go. i have it in my GD boat and i love it.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 pm
MMT Pro Member

Quack Addict--the line-x is probably the most durable spray in liner on the market so it probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Why don't you just put the HT down over it and be done. You already have an extremely heavy rig, leaving that line-x liner in it isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:50 pm
MMT Addict

if i put HT on top i don't think it would seal good enough because of the texture. if there is any humidity under there and as it heats up, wouldn't you think it will start to separate? i'm not all that worried about it as it is but i just wish i had HT from the get go. no big deal

Gator Trax 3-Man Gatorhide with a Mud Buddy HD Sport 5000

Large Big Green Egg with rounded chines

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:10 pm
MMT Pro Member

Hey Poker, how do you cut that stuff to fit your boat. Im interested in buying some but it looks like it would be a pain to cut around the angles and everything

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 pm
MMT Elite Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:28 pm
MMT Pro Member

The texture shouldn't be a problem as long as you use a good adhesive and let it tack for 5-10 minutes before putting down the HT. Moisture build up underneath would be no more likely than with aluminum.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:49 pm
MMT Addict

Thank y'all for the help who do I need to talk to on having a boat built

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:18 am
MMT 1000 Club

You can also get the camo colors from GatorTrax (more expensive) but it looks good. Installing with the 3M backing really makes it easier overall.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]