It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 “ Leading Edge” BBlade vs back water blade 
MMT Pro Member

Post “ Leading Edge” BBlade vs back water blade
They appear identical other than the hex head on the leading edge prop, I currently run a go devil 9x7 prop that came off a 27 hp gdlt. I have a 23 backwater swamp lite.
The godevil prop somehow out preforms my back water blade ... I’m assuming due to the pitch difference gilt prop 9x7 vs backwater blade 9x6..
I picked up 1-1.5 ish mph
Idk anything about the leading edge brand of prop but I can get an uncoated 1 for 149 plus shipping
I need a spare so I am considering picking up either a blade 9x7 or the leading edge 9x7.
Any experience with leading edge fellas?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:56 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: “ Leading Edge” BBlade vs back water blade
O and I have contacted LEADING EDGE about the differences between there prop and the back water blade prop or if it is the same prop possibly. My response was “ our leading edge prop is just as fast or 1-2 mph faster than any of the competitorss prop..” would BBlade stand for BackwaterBlade... possibly...possibly?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:17 am
MMT 1000 Club

Nope. But I'll clarify your performance question. The 9x6 should carry a load better, but wont have the top speed of a 9x7.

Also, for a longtail prop to be faster for the same pitch, it likely has less cup so it can turn a few more rpms. A longtail needs the cup to dig in the mud better, so sacrificing that to get a few more rpms is losing the 4wd performance benefit the longtail has

Mudbuddy and backwater both make a very good longtail prop. Godevil props are fine, but I recommend either of the other 2 more.

#CFFITR
#TheGhostBoat
#whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:18 am
MMT 1000 Club

What size boat you got your 23 on and what speed you getting with that 9x7. I have a 9x6 on my 23 LT and have been considering switching to the 9x7 when I replace my current prop

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:20 am
MMT Pro Member

I have a 16x38 square bottom custom built alumn. Identical to a flat back pirogue but bigger an 16” sides.
Holding 23mph touch 24 every now an then. at 3800 rpms give or take 20 rpms..
My 9x7 prop is worn down a little , traded it second hand when I was dropping to 21 mph with my 9x6 blade...
when my 9x6 blade was new I could hold 22-22.5 mph ... all tested props rpms an speed was done same day back to back at launch normal load ...small 45qt artic
6 gal gas. N me @170lbs
I don’t really play in the mud just vegetation an slus holding water ... mainly deep in swamp or flooded timber an overgrown slus... not lookin for a fight just a hunt ya know.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:49 am
MMT 1000 Club

Thanks for the reply bro, good info

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 am
MMT Pro Member

I traded my brother my stock prop for his fairly new 27hp gdlt prop, he came from 18-19 mph to 20-21.somthing mph.. so I would suggest any gdlt owner to try out the blade props from back water.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:55 am
MMT 1000 Club

Roger that. Thanks for the info bud

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:07 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Ran a 9x7 from BBlade, Stumpjumper, MB, and GD with the Stumpjumper lasting the longest overall when I had a longtail. Speed between all of them was within 1mph.

BBlade has nothing to do with Backwater.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:42 am
MMT Pro Member

Ran my new bblade 9x7 today for first time... crazy shit left me with mixed emotions..
Top end dropped 2.5-3 mph... ran 20mph up an down river @ 3950 rpms.
My 9x7 gdlt prop did 23 @3900 rpms earlier right before I made the switch.

Added a 200lbs person to front of boat, bblade preformed 18mph @ 3860 rpms
Same load the GDLT prop ran a solid 21 never raised nor dropped @3780-3800 rpms

Now the bblade pushes the hell out my boat makes it lay down much more an handles the thick Lilly’s n alligator grass the same as my prodrive did ...straight eats, never checks up doesn’t blow out the water doesn’t drop in speed unlike my backwater prop or my godevil prop.
The bblade is also real smooth no vibration what so ever.

I just can’t get over the jump in rpms an a drop n speed ... but damn it does good in the thick stuff, an my motor seems to be much more alive an commanding @3950 rpms
Maybe I can get a pro to add pitch to it , that’s the biggest prop bblade makes on the website.
If only the bblade would at least carry a load better with the added rpms .

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:47 pm
MMT Pro Member

Follow up...
For anyone keeping interest or future reference...
Brought my bblade to a local prop guy, and turns out my prop is bent on both sides allowing water to pass by before the cup can catch it, he then showed me a normal prop an how to read it...also he suggested it prolly came off a bad mold...
Not so much as a bend but flattens out and slightly rolls back in the top center of both blades instead of forward into the beginning of the cup...
Let’s see how good of customer service is at Bblades ... wish me luck... nothing else it will get me back to launch if needed.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]