It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Cleaver vs tulip prop???? 
MMT Pro Member

Post Cleaver vs tulip prop????
I understand props for the most part as I have been around boats all my life. Fitting inboard boats and outboards to run specific hull styles with average load weight at specific RPMs has never been all that difficult or all that much trouble when working out the cup and pitch on the prop. The mud motors are different apperantly because it is not easy to get the prop right.
So what is the difference between the cleaver and the tulip. i assume the cleaver is better in the veggies and I would guess the tulip has alittle more push on top???Lets hear your experience with one vs the other. so far the tulip seems to be a better all around prop to me but I havent run the 13 pitch tulip prop I got in the mail yesterday.

Also is it possible to get a prop to run a stage1 motor efficiantly under 4000 RPMs?

Thanks
Dave

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:26 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Cleaver vs tulip prop????
Well ran the 13 pitch cleaver today and the results wernt bad. 3900 rpms 3 guys that are around 630lbs total + gear ,dog , fuel, blind, grass and decoys @ 26 mph average in the deep. Thats close enough for me but a little less tip curl would be better. Nothin a little sand cant take care of. :mrgreen:

Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]