It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 I'm about to attempt a"Thing" 
MMT Pro Member

Post I'm about to attempt a"Thing"
I picked up a "junk" Suzuki motor today from the FB market place for $10. As the pic shows... it was pretty bare bones trashed. I almost passed over it thinking that "someone is going to have to throw that away". As I was about to keep on scrolling, I saw where the trim was still attached. So I said to myself "Self, I waste more than $10 bucks on Netflix (that I never watch)" . So I send the dude a PM letting him know that I'm on my way to get it. I tested the Trim unit out as soon as I got home and ... it works!!!! So I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone has attempted this kind of retro fit hydraulic trim for a manual trim ProDrive? I have some ideas but I don't want to make any mistakes that I don't have to if someone has already made them. The PD hydro trim kit is $1500. I figured I'd try this out before I sink 15 hundo in the factory set up. Thanks in advance. Pics below.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:07 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: I'm about to attempt a
Just FYI, the PD trim kit is not $1500. Your frame has all the linkages there. I added Hydro reverse YEARS back and ran mine for years with it before selling it. Bought it all separate. Go to a local PD dealer and buy the trim cylinder. Then go to this website and buy the Mercury (old style 3 wire PD trim pump).

Then its simply getting 2 hoses. I had to purchase the ram, 2 gears (which cost alot) then the hoses, switches and stuff.

Then if you want you could add solenoids to protect your switch. That way you could use any mom on-off-mom on waterproof switch to control it.

I'm willing to bet you could do it for around $500

Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:25 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: I'm about to attempt a"Thing"
Thanks. I'll give PD a call today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:53 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: I'm about to attempt a
sent you a PM

Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]