It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Mud buddy carnage 
MMT Pro Member

Post Mud buddy carnage
I bought this motor from a fella who had insurance on his boat. He was rear ended by another boat and it tore up the motion base a bit. I’ve welded a bunch of cast aluminum- and the aluminum used on these motion bases welds almost exactly like billet aluminum! None of the nasty black porosity that I’m accustomed to. I’ve taken it out for a test run... all seems good. End up making a jig to hold it all together, ground out two of the bolt threads and filling them with weld so I could drill and tap them again as the break went through each bolt.

The only thing I’m not too sure about is the temperature of the motion base / clutch cover. Seems like it gets pretty warm- like 125* or so. Is that normal?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:17 am
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: Mud buddy carnage
Badass save! Lol. They get a little warm from belt friction and reverse but not bad. Just service the reverse often. Watch the belt wear pattern

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Post Re: Mud buddy carnage
I can tell you, that was not a fun day in the water. I was in the boat that hit him, as a passenger. A little too much throttle and not paying attention, could have ended up much worse. Glad to see the motor get back to work.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]