It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Need Help 

Post Need Help
I have a 2017 4400 HDR with 70 hours on it. While running the boat the other day it suddenly seemed to act as if it was going into neutral . Did some searching on here and seen many recommended changing out clutch switch and 20 amp breaker which I have and still doing the same thing. Only does it after it heats up. When I leave the ramp I can get down on it and run 4200 rpms with my big blade with no problem. After the motor warms up, it struggles to get over 2800 rpms without “slipping”. Any help I can get will be hugely appreciated. only thing I haven’t checked yet is belt tension. Could the belt be too loose causing this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:01 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Need Help
Nope, not too loose. It's got teeth.

Could have a clutch going bad (they do that from time to time and that's one of the symptoms), or it's the wiring getting hot or insulation is rubbed through, but could be the switch or breaker (though that would likely just cause it to outright disengage).

#CFFITR
#GhostBoat
#Whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Btw, it's not those magnets and clutch plate, it's the forward clutch nearest the engine. Those are the wires to look at and trace.

#CFFITR
#GhostBoat
#Whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:24 pm

Thanks for the response. I was hoping I was missing something really simple and you guys would catch it. There’s a ton of great info on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:24 am
MMT Elite Member

Make sure your plug boots aren't grounding out to the air dam next to it. When it gets warm, it could be arch flashing and killing fire to the cylinder. Wrap with heavy electric tape or swap to ngk boots.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]