It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 4:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Threaded or Tapered 
MMT Member

Post Threaded or Tapered
Do any of the surface drive propellers come tapered??? If so, what dimensions is the tapering?

I have a conventional Louisiana mud boat and have been interested in some of those props but I can't tell if they are threaded like the long tail go-devil props or are tapered.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Post Re: Threaded or Tapered
pm machete31

he had a surface drive wheel taper bored & keyed to fit his rig (can't remember who did it for him)

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:02 pm
MMT Member

No, they either come 3/4" thread or hex.

Baggy's in Houma can taper bore & key. If your shaft is 1" or larger any of the props with 3/4" thread can be done without an insert, smaller than 1" shaft he may have to put an insert in. I had him do a MB Tiger Prop with hex bore and he had to make an insert. Ended up costing amost as much as the prop. I plan on de-rigging my boat this year and will change to the hex shaft because that prop runs the best on my boat and all I will need to do is add pitch and cup.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:02 am
MMT Member

Machete, you have a Louisiana style mudboat?? If so, where did you purchase the shaft from? Looks like I have to replace mine this year as the keyway has broken somewhat.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]