It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Blanchard custom Bateau 16 x 48 36 PD FPR 
MMT Addict

Post Blanchard custom Bateau 16 x 48 36 PD FPR
Hey guys. I have been logging in to MMT but never post, so I thought I would jump in. I have had this 16 x 48 custom fab from Lennis Blanchard in Pierre Part , LA owner of Blanchard's Aluminum for about a year now. Lennis built this boat to my specs with longitudinal braces, 4 ft front deck, square chines, 21 inch sides. Metal is all 1/8 throughout. Lennis is super easy to work with and his turn around time is pretty good. Spud pole kit in back and thru the front right deck. Custom gun box is not shown but he built it to position all over like the PD. Overall I couldn't be happier with the boat. I may have gotten carried away with the built in 18 gallon gas tank, but this is the only rig I own. Living in Thibodaux, LA I may be launching in Berwick one day for an 19 mile run 1way on 1 day, and then the next maybe leaving Dularge for another 18 mile run to the coast for a weekend of hunting/fishing so i did not want to worry about gas. And I have never run out yet. The biggest mistake I made with this rig is I had a 27 Kohler. It was a sweet motor, but it did not push it like the 36. Boat speeds vary on conditions like everybody else. With light loads and 8-10 gallons of gas sometimes I can hold 28, sometimes I bump from 26-27. Loaded with 2 guys and full hunting and fishing gear and Avery QUickset I can hold 26. I am happy with that, and since I am only 6 months into warranty later on I smell a stage 1 like others here. I love this machine as it opens up so many things that I like to do. I might be freshwater fishing somewhere dumping the boat into a drainage ditch to go fishing in canals and swamps, or hitting the saltwater marsh looking for reds and not have to worry about the tide leaving me. For the type of fishing I do the spud kit has been really nice and I use it alot. I have done all the paint and liner myself. Liner is yellow zinc chromate with 2 coats of Durabak on top. Paint job is yellow chromate primer with Industrial Paint Coating in Dead Grass Green from Vida Paint Supply in Houma, LA and Morgan CIty. I started with the Reelfoot Stencils and after applying the basic bark pattern I liked it so much with just that I left it as I don't see anybody else with just that. When duck season starts I drop the Avery Quickset on it. It has Killerweed and I added my own Ghillie Creation of taking rags and burlap and ripping them and tying them on.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:44 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Blanchard custom Fab 16 x 48 36 PD FPR
Welcome to da site.
Sounds like you're very pleased wit your set up.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:29 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Blanchard custom Fab 16 x 48 36 PD FPR
Nice boat. I took a ride in it once with the 27 before you sold it to me. Bet it does good with the 36. I hear you on the 27 being to small, I only kept it for 3 mon and upgraded to the 36.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:00 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: Blanchard custom Bateau 16 x 48 36 PD FPR
What kinda chairs are those

Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 am
MMT 1000 Club

Welcome to the MuddyWorld of MMT !!!!! and I mite add that most of MMT's mud is ............ Brown !!!!!! :lol:

I really likes yore review 'cause it sounds as if you actually have a mission fo yore rig and not just a FlyBy in the world of MudMotorMachineThangs !!!

Good luck and keep us posted on yore adventures !!!!

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:22 am
MMT Addict

Brooks....Thanks. Yep, this thing is a machine that was meant to serve me. Its the only one I got, so I take care of it it so that it takes care of me. it has its own shed to sleep at night to be ready for a days work when I call. My daddy told me and my brothers we take this huntin' and fishin' stuff too serious. He was right.

Marsh Bandit, now you are making me think. I have had this rig for about a year. If I remember right I bought those seats from http://www.boatingseats.com/Fishing-Boa ... -Seats.asp. They are just a nice seat with a high back on it that folds up and down. I figured this was going to be my duck blind so I wanted to be comfortable when sittin' and ridin'. The pedestals and mounts are just yore regular Attwood from Wally World. The seats were a creme or tan. One day I just couldn't take it no more so they got hit with the spray gun and stencils too.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:36 am
MMT Sponsor

What a nice rig! Like the paint job. Welcome to mmt! 8-)

Owner
DEEP SOUTH CUSTOM BOATS (225) 252-2700

Good boats ain't cheap, Cheap boats ain't good!

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]