It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Best boat and motor combo 
MMT Member

Post Best boat and motor combo
I'm thinking of getting a new boat and motor for next duck season and was wanting to know what's the best combo to get? I'll describe what I'd like to have then I need help choosing the right setup. I hunt a lot of flooded timber and where we hunt we may be 10 miles from the truck or farther. So I want one that got the speed empty and loaded. We hunt a lot of public ground so first come first to hunt type of area so speed is a must. The turning in creeks and ditches thru timber is good so type of boat and hull design. I'd like to have a 16-17 ft boat with a hunt deck so back splash is not a issue I'd like to have a 54 Inch bottom or close to it. Reverse would be nice but not a must. What motor and stage do u recommend? So let me know what your opinion is thanks a lot!!! (If this is in wrong topic please relocate) thanks again

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:53 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Best boat and motor combo
I Hate to be that guy... But there is a reason that "reviews only" is in all caps for this forum... Try boats and blinds

Well they call me king turd up here on shit mountain, but if you want it you can have the crown.

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:59 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: Best boat and motor combo
I'm going to recommend a 1654 havoc DBST and a 50HP Tiller outboard of your choosing. Sounds a lot like you want more speed than the ability to get somewhere.

Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]