It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 XPRESS BAYOU/injection foam water soaked 

Post XPRESS BAYOU/injection foam water soaked
I have a XPRESS BAYOU that i bought new with a 25hp mercury 4 stroke. From the start the boat never had any get up. I changed props etc. The boat has always been under a metal carport and out of the rain with the exception of hunting. I always washed the boat out after a fishing trips or when it got muddy from hunting.

I put a PD 36 on it this year and the boat empty with just me at 200lbs, gas tank, and 1 battery the boat would only gps out at 21mph. I had heard of the injected foam soaking up water although Xpress said that it wouldn't. I took my truck, boat, and trailer to simmons food in NWA and i weighed 7300lbs. I then started cutting the floor out of the boat and what i found blew my mind. All of the foam in the boat had absorbed water and there was also water just sitting in the boat.. I then realized that XPRESS did not design the boat to drain properly. The BAYOU has longitudinal bracing and out of 6 longitudinal braces only 2 allowed water to get to the drain plug. If water got in between the other 4 braces the water stayed in the boat.
I had to cut the top of my step pods and put drain plugs in them to allow the water a way out.

I went back and weighed exactly the same way I did before i started the removal of the floor and water soaked foam. This time i weighed 7000lbs. Now my boat runs 26mph with my PD 36. I have posted a video on YouTube titled Xpress duck boat/prodrive if you would like to watch it.

I have sent this video to Xpress and they stated the boat was designed for the water to eventually drain. The warranty guy stated that the braces are not welded all the way down the length of the boat. Guess he thinks im a idiot because i can see that....lol...he went on to say that the water will flow under the longitudinal braces eventually. I cant even stick a razor blade under the braces so not sure how he thinks water can flow under it.

Well Xpress isn't doing a darn thing for me and XPRESS has been dragging there feet the whole step of the way. Im finally done with them and i have put $600 back in the new floor etc to get my boat back up and running.

All this to say if you want a good duck boat dont waste your hard earned money on a XPRESS. If i knew what i know now i would have bought wareagle or havoc or anything but XPRESS. WORST part is i could have bought one of these boats the day i bought this boat thinking i had purchased the best of the 3.

BOY WAS I WRONG.....

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:20 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: XPRESS BAYOU/injection foam water soaked
Xpress has had this issue with their foam for a while. If you had just taken them the boat and told them to deal with it, instead of cutting it apart and then asking them to deal with it, they probably would've resolved it for you. I've heard that they resolved the issue.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:31 pm
MMT Addict

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:31 pm
MMT F.E.

Look for the xpress in the pic. :lol: :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:35 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Man, 300 extra pounds is a fat monkey to be hauling around all the time. No wonder you weren't getting good speed.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

I know of another Express that did the same thing, He sent the boat back to the factory.
The repair consisted of them cutting holes in the floor to remove the soaked material and then they patched it. Looked terrible after.

Crown royal pro-staff

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Well maybe i should have sent it to them but you cant redesign a boat thats already built wrong. I just want new duck boat buyers to know about Xpress before they make the same mistake as me. I just thought Xpress...O that's a well known well built boat.

I went to the Titan Marine plant today and they gave me a walk through there factory. The HAVOC boats are supper nice. Absolutely will not ever buy or recommend a XPRESS to anyone....even if the problem is resolved.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]