It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 go devil sd motor and boat?? 
MMT Member

Post go devil sd motor and boat??
Looking to buy a go devil sd and the go devil sd boat. Anyone have thoughts about that set up? thoughts about the go devil sd motor?

Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:28 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: go devil sd motor and boat??
Couple things: 1. Search feature works. Lots of pros and cons on gd rigs here to comb through.
2. This is the reviews section. If you have questions, cyber mudfest, boats and blinds, and engines would all be more applicable locations to ask. Read the sticky about this section if you have questions.

Other than that, welcome, have a thick skin, and enjoy the wealth of info here.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:27 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Cause im bored as shit!

:lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:47 am
MMT 1000 Club

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:11 am
Profile WWW
MMT Member

I'm running an 2006 Go-Devil 1660 with split seats and a 2010 35 hp GDSD. Love the rig, no problems, best mud rig for the money in my opinion. Not having reverse has not been an issue.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:08 pm
MMT Member

We Bought one in 2014. Wish i would have bought the GTR...I have been very disappointed with whole experience. The only reason i went with Go Devil was because they had been around for a while and thought the name brand would carry threw. not so much. If you want a slightly used one i will make you a really good deal just to make it go away.... :D

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:23 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:22 am
MMT Member

I don't even know where to start... its been one thing after another with the GD. I have put four (4) shafts and four (4) sets of bearings in the lower end. even sent it back to GD for the Third one because GD claimed that it wasn't being maintenance properly. I even took time to drive to there facility to have them show me what needs to be done.Turns out we have been doing everything they called for. After the third shaft i called GD to ask for help and guidance to get this resolved but got got nothing but excuses and finger pointing from MR.GD... So I ordered the parts and paid cash for them so i didn't even claim warranty. After talking around i have found that this seems to be an on going problem that GD doesn't acknowledge. I guess that is why everybody i have talked with after this has bought GTR. I bought GD because i heard and read that they were tough motors, but i haven't found that to be true. we run with boats running the GTR in the same area and they have had no issues with reliability. so when GD claims the motor is being abused i guess my answer to that is i guess maybe for a GD but not a GTR...

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:47 am
MMT 1000 Club

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:58 am
Profile WWW
MMT Member

I wish i had the same experience you have had. Unfortunately mine has been a complete disappointment. I bought the GD based off there name and thought the reliability would follow. Not so much. I have yet to get threw on duck season with out a complete rebuild. I bought it brand new and have had it only three (3) seasons, in those three (3) seasons i have put three (3) new shafts and bearing kits in it. I can tell you with those stats its hard to say anything good about the GD. Thats why when i called GD manufacturing to discuss the issue i had hoped for support and guidance. in stead i got the finger point game and a lecture on how the motor is being used to harsh. I would believe this if i didn't know better. infact my buddies give me a hard time for over maintaining everything. so yes, i wish i could have the same experience you have, but that is not the case. I just would like to get it figured out before i go drop the cash on a new GTR. Trust me....

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:49 pm
MMT Pro Member

One post u put 4 the next u put 3 I think u just like making up bs. But in all honesty buy a mud buddy there customer service is the best it should fit your needs alot better. Good luck.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:38 pm
MMT Member

sorry if i did a typo... let me correct that. has been four times.. now the only BS is your post...everybody knows about mud buddy... so now your in the know...let me get this straight for the ones that are looking for debate. its not me and care nothing about it. i know your truck is faster than mine and your mud bout will run in grass... Just in case you missed it that was sarcasm... :roll:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:52 pm
MMT 1000 Club

From someone who has owned a 35GDSD motor and a GDSD 18x48 boat since 2005. I have thrashed,crashed and sunk my boat. I have pulled my boat to and used it in Canada, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky, Illinois and all parts in between. I have used my boat to commercial fish the Ohio,Wabash,Green,Patoka and White river. I have bow fished many many nights from my boat.
Not one time have I ever wished I had another brand.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]