It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 New boss motors any reviews? 
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: New boss motors any reviews?
The reverse lock has its pros and cons. I really would like to have the option to have a unlock switch to lock and unlock at my convenience . But to be honest. The trim runs pretty fast. So in no time the prop is out the water. the pro I found. When you do hit sticks, heavy veg or just some mud. You have a lot more control. You can run wide open in reverse. With great control. Man it just smooth. And yes I would have probably went with carb. Just to the fact that I'm not familiar with briggs and stratton efi system. Very good with carbs. But I will say the efi system acts just like the 4400. As far as throttle response. Getting up and going. The 37 throttle is very sensitive. Man when you give it. It goes. Once a solid solid computer program is available to the public to the public I'll be 100 percent happy. But as of right now I definitely got a shit eaten grin on my face hahaha

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:53 pm
MMT Pro Member

The reverse lock has its pros and cons. I really would like to have the option to have a unlock switch to lock and unlock at my convenience . But to be honest. The trim runs pretty fast. So in no time the prop is out the water. the pro I found. When you do hit sticks, heavy veg or just some mud. You have a lot more control. You can run wide open in reverse. With great control. Man it just smooth. And yes I would have probably went with carb. Just to the fact that I'm not familiar with briggs and stratton efi system. Very good with carbs. But I will say the efi system acts just like the 4400. As far as throttle response. Getting up and going. The 37 throttle is very sensitive. Man when you give it. It goes. Once a solid solid computer program is available to the public to the public I'll be 100 percent happy. But as of right now I definitely got a shit eaten grin on my face hahaha

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:53 pm
MMT Member

Hey Quack n stack , yeah I drove it nearly everyday and it had probably a little more than 400 because I had it a month before installing the tac. Why is that hard to believe? I know guys who have more than that on newer motors. So what ! I don't joy ride my boat. I use it to get a job done and bottom line is the mudbuddy did it for me and never let me down. My duramax is 6 yrs old and only has a 130 k on it and I drive it daily , do you not believe that either ?

Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3