It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Prodigy Boats-The Company 
MMT Pro Member

Post Prodigy Boats-The Company
I will also be posting a review of my rig itself but I felt compelled to post a separate review of Prodigy Boats from a customer service perspective only.

I will begin by saying that I am extremely particular (as Chad and Ashley will probably agree with haha), I came into this with a lot of ideas on what I wanted and my attention to detail and expectations were very high. That being said, I cannot think of anything negative about this experience, I have never had a boat built or bought a boat but I have bought, had people build, and built cars and this was an extremely smooth process and experience.

-A HUGE thing to me was that my rig was completed within the ORIGINAL estimated date, I was given ONE pickup/completion date that was never rescheduled. I have custom built cars for clients as well as been the customer and for anything custom, accomplishing these two things that Prodigy did with this timeline is pretty impressive to me.

-As those of you that check out my rig review will see, I went above and beyond what most people order but I began with a fairly basic quote and Prodigy's pricing for that as well as my additions was very reasonable for what you get in my opinion, I'm extremely satisfied with my buy for the money.

-There were no "surprises" when I showed up to pick it up, another huge thing for me. The only surprise was how awesome everything looked all together. Example: I ordered Diamond cut turf and the points of the diamonds have little "tails" when its brand new. They don't look that great up close, and instead of just installing because I ordered it they sent me pictures and gave me the option to change pattern (this would have stuck them with a good bit of $ in custom ordered turf). Ultimately, I decided to install it because the "tails" will wear off easy and I'm glad I did because I think it looks awesome but they let it be my choice. There were a couple other minor things that were similar that were ran by me to make sure all was ok.

-Attention to detail from the quote process to building the actual boat was extremely high.

-Chad plus 5 employees were working on my boat until 11 pm the night before pickup. While this may seem minor, they could have completed it the next day which was still my pickup day but would've delayed my trip home.

-While I'm sure that they thought (as some of you probably will as well) some of my ideas were a little crazy they accommodated them. At the same time, they used their experience and expertise to help me make decisions. I thought I wanted a gun box, Chad suggested not doing that due to being hard to get into with a blind on etc. and I'm SO glad he gave this advice.

-Chad took time out of his day to take me to run the boat for the first time, which was invaluable because the stock prop didn't run well so we switched and it ran great. With my limited experience with Mud Motors, this helped a lot. I would've figured out the issue but it would've been stressful having to trouble shoot a brand new rig myself

-To be as fair and objective as possible, there was one "bump in the road". There was a cosmetic only detail with the gunnel cap that was different than they typically do but a picture was sent to me to see if I was how I wanted. It wasn't exactly what I was thinking and the boat was already painted. With no questions asked, they stripped some paint, put it exactly how I wanted and blended the paint (I come from an auto paint and high end custom car background and I couldn't tell where it was blended, impressed with that!). When you order as much "off the wall" type stuff as I wanted, its not surprising that something like this could happen. It was taken care of promptly and properly and in all reality this is truly something that no one else in the world would've ordered or cared about but it made a difference to me and it was PERFECT when I picked it up.

In summary, my experience from going down to meet Chad and Ashley and talk about ideas, to the quote process, throughout the build and to after the sale Prodigy Boats paid attention to detail, had great communication, built an excellent product, and really went above and beyond to make my dream rig a reality. Not saying anything bad about any other builder, but I'm extremely happy with where I chose to spend my money. Hope this helps someone in their decision making process

Sat May 30, 2015 8:19 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Prodigy Boats-The Company
Here's the link to the review of the rig:

Sat May 30, 2015 9:22 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Prodigy Boats-The Company
I just purchased my first mud boat from them. So far so good. We'll see what happens when I pick it up in about 8 weeks

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]