It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 16x48 GDSD hull with 37 EFI GDSD 
MMT Addict

Post 16x48 GDSD hull with 37 EFI GDSD
Hull: All flotation still in place and original, split bench model, short transom, trolling motor bracket, operator base.

Motor: 37 GDSD short transom, brand new with your run of the mill GD 3 blade.

Load: Two adults (400 pounds roughly), 2 coolers filled with ice and beverages (35 pounds), 5 gallon live well filled with water and live bait, additional car/12v battery to power well, 4 fishing rods, two tackle boxes, 5 gallons of gas, tool box in dry box and standard boat gear.

Conditions: Calm, typical brackish to intermediate fresh South Louisiana Marsh. Pointe A La Hache/Davant.

Speeds: Top Speed 28/29 with constant 27 at around 3600 RPMS

Comments: For those familiar with this area we rode from Beshel's all the way up Back Levee to Orange Bayou, past Suburban, took that to oak river and back down all throughout Horsepower. Rode middle of bayou the entire time with steady speeds. Obviously if bank was hugged a boost in RPMS and speed was achieved.

We put roughly 30 pounds of fish in the box and speeds didn't change one bit nor did direction affect performance.

This boat is a blast to drive and it hauls. After dropping buddy off to back trailer down I did a victory lap and it will do 30 with said gear and myself if I hug a bank. Seen where 3900 range is ideal for top speed and I've driven other brand big blocks that were ideal at that RPM. Not sure if it will change after break in, but it ran best around 3700 and most the day was between 3500 and 3650. At that range prop depth was ideal and was smoothest to drive. Also, the short transom and big motor isn't a problem. Not sure why this hull isn't rated for 40 horses like the vast majority of other go devil hulls.

I'm happy with this setup because it will do what I need it to when I need it to. I ran a 23 for years on it. It got the job done, but I was constantly worrying about where to put stuff, how much weight, where to sit etc. Now that stuff is nil, gone this thing jumps up and goes. I can hunt three and not have to jump through hoops in order to get on plane.

I'll update come hunting season. I don't joy ride too much unfortunately, I save my days away from kids and wife for the season so I think that will be next time I can see how she really does in the mud and with different loads and conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: 16x48 GDSD hull with 37 EFI GDSD
Good revue - I ran the same GD 1648 w/stock 35GDSD for several years and
had very similar results as well - very nice combination....

I also saw best speeds at 3900 to 3950 and after just a bit of prop wear
so I would not be surprised if you see better numbers after 10 to 15 hours
of breakin and a little prop wear....

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but
it is the journey that matters, in the end."

Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:01 pm
MMT Addict

Post 16x48 GDSD hull with 37 EFI GDSD
Update, was able to break away for a couple hours and run the boat. Pleasant surprise. Went and checked on some ponds and cruised a bit. Like said by others she was running a little higher RPMS and faster this outing. Now I'm around 3 hours I believe. Was running a flat about 2 inches deep for a good 200 yards and held 32 for the whole flat. Had the privilege of fighting some lilies with her and running some skinny water. Guess this westerly wind and/or tide had the marsh pretty low in my area.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438996169.317718.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Addict

Post Re: 16x48 GDSD hull with 37 EFI GDSD

Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]