Post 1860 GDSD hull with 37 EFI GDSD
MM Brand: Godevil
Horsepower: 37 EFI
Boat Brand: Godevil
Boat Size: 1860
Boat Layout: full bench new hull full flotation

Speeds | Shallow Water:
Speeds | Deep Water: 27- 28
Total Boat Load With Gear Etc: two people weighing roughly 360 lbs combined 6 gallons of fuel one medium sized ice chest
Conditions Tested In: light wind deep water

Comments: This boat is brand new went from a 1644 long tail to this setup I have been impressed with how skinny this rig will run. I have run shallows but it has been all sandy bottom and extremely tight and curvy so I really couldn't get a accurate check on speeds. I have only ran solo once and encountered a lot of boat traffic so it was really hard to dial it in perfect but the best speed I got was 29.5. and that was with only 5 hrs on the motor. It seems to be gaining speed each time I run it started off at 25 mph with me my wife and oldest son and now it will hold 27 with the same load @ 3800 rpms. The biggest load I have had in it was 5 people that being 3 adults and kids 2 full ice chest and some fishing gear and it held 25 mph steady. I really can't compare it to any other SD because this is the only one I have ever driven the boat seems to handle a load real well it also seems light in the water the only downside is that I'm gonna have to get used to the sliding because it will use up some real-estate when it is empty. Was also able to find a little mud in the marsh due to west winds and so far so good hopefully this set up will work good this duck season I really wanted the 1848 but am thankful i went bigger because I have 4 kids so i will always have a load.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:07 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: 1860 GDSD hull with 37 EFI GDSD
The EFI motors seem to peak performance after a few times they run. Every time i ran between hours 1 and 15 i gained alittle more speed each time. And that boat size is perfect IMO, i've loaded down 7 full grown people (a few alittle more well fed than others) And only droped a few mph off the top end and still ran steady 24mph. I don't think its to wide for timber either...i go through it all the time without any issues . Congrats its gonna be a nice boat, surface drives are alot more fun ;)

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:20 pm
MMT 1000 Club

The 37hp GDSD is a really good match for the 1860 GD hull. I have been more than pleased with my setup now with a little more than 30hours on it. I've bumped 30 running light and alone but don't check the speed as a rule. That was turning about 4050RPM. I generally run it just shy of 4K.

Congrats on the rig!!! You're going to love that thing. Where are you located?

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:28 pm
MMT Addict

Congrats, that hull is a popular one for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Member

i am located in S.E. Louisiana I Mainly hunt open marsh and catfish on a pretty good sized river so the width probably will help I Used to cross some big Bays in that 1644 and it would get hairy on the 30mph windy days. I ran yesterday evening with myself at 210 lbs and 3 midsize adults ranging from 120 - 150 and on a long straight stretch in about a foot of water we were at 27 mph and climbing when I had to get out of it to make a hard turn. My biggest concern before buying it was that this big ole boat would be a turd but so far i have been impressed with how quick it planes and how little it drafts i was also concerned with the weight of this hull at 600 plus pounds but it is actually light in the water due to the displacement i have crossed some decent logs that i used to cross with my old rig and to be honest it has been effortless with this setup due to less pounds per square inch i guess.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]