Hunt deck
Gun box
Trolling motor bracket
12" LED light bar
Grab bars front and rear
Ocean grip "like hydro turf"
Rear seat
Custom aluminum trailer

So earlier this year I decided it was time to upgrade my duck rig. I had been hunting fiberglass boats for the past couple years but not unfamiliar with aluminum boats having had couple aluminum boats growing up. After looking at a couple boats (ambush/havoc) I decided I wanted a surface drive and mud boat. This style boats better suits me with a lot of rice fields and marshes in the area as well as shallow water swamps/lakes with lots of floating vegetation so after talking with friends who own mud boats it was clear. So the review...

So I was a little disappointed with speed out the gate. I hoped the 35GTR would be faster but carries a load at 26 upriver and haven't made a downriver run with gps yet. Balance is good and it does slide like a square chine flat bottom does. Had it in the mud and on the water hyacinth and it slides wonderfully jumps well to no that I meant to but I did. I did stop but that was idling up and not being on step when trying to cross but the 35 dug me out no problem. Runs flat had it in the stump fields last Sunday and just slides right off and cruises through with no issues. So far is a great boat and if your like me and want to help the hometown guy these boats are built in Columbia SC and imo can compete with the major brands out there. Maybe some chine work for the slide is in there works but other than that I love my boat. Even got a buddy selling his G3 because of how the surface drives work with these flat bottoms.

Pics show a beavertail..I do have a gator tail 35 those pics came from the builder when I called. Will post more pics tomorrow after the first youth hunt hopefully with the young guys limit on the deck.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:07 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Lowcountry fab "Lowco" edition
Proper transom angle for a GTR is 20° for optimal performance. No real biggie though. You just won't be able to dig as deep. It can always be corrected with wedges.

Congrats though.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:20 pm
MMT F.E.

Tell me exactly how to measure the transom angle the way I did it didn't look right is it every how much is one degree and that may have been an error in my measuring i believe it was 5" from where the bottom of the boat ends and where the top of the transom would intersect if I was to draw a straight line down

Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:12 pm
MMT F.E.

First hunt youth only pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:20 am
MMT Pro Member

Ricerunner, you're from Summerville? I'm from Moncks Corner, you hunt the Cooper much?

BTW nice rig!

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:45 pm
MMT Pro Member

That's a great looking rig. Y'all might see me next season! Possibly moving back to Charleston!

-Wet Sounds Stealth 10 Ultra V2
-Green LED Courtesy Lights
-15" Combo LED Light Bar

Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:39 pm
MMT F.E.

Thanks JB & Andy I do like the boat so far honestly no I haven't hunted the Cooper I've been saying I was going to but just haven't tried

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]