It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Mud Buddy 4400 HDR 
MMT Pro Member

Post Mud Buddy 4400 HDR
This motor was what I ordered when I bought my Gator Trax 17x54 back in Feb. 2017. Love the motor and boat for that matter. I have about 35 hrs. on it to date. Have not had 1 problem with this motor at all, up till now..... Has plenty of torque and with a empty load I get about 30mph. With 2 guys our hunting hear and decoys, I get about 28mph. Although I do like the Reverse, it does lack in it's ability to go in reverse with any type of speed, but it's reverse...
Yesterday after coming back to the dock from Teal hunting, my motor made a strange sound and vibrated ALOT! So, stopped the motor tilled it up and noticed that my prop was cracked!!!!! Luckily I had my trolling motor on the boat, so I made it to the ramp. While in my 2hr. transit to the ramp, I called Mud Buddy sent them the pics, and Keith put a new prop in the mail before I was even at the ramp. After getting home I took a better look at the crack, it looks as if there has been a stress crack in the prop for some time, and it just finally gave way. Obviously a manufacture flaw on this particular prop. Gottta love GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! It'll be here in 3 days and in time for me to head back out this weekend.
THANKS KEITH!!!!!!
After getting home and taking a better look at the crack, I can tell the stress crack has been there for some time now. (Pic) you can see the discoloration at the beginning of the crack. Obviously a bad prop from the beginning, and of course I got it. But all is well and should have the new prop (still under warranty) here by Friday.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:32 am
Profile YIM
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Mud Buddy 4400 HDR
Glad you got good customer service from them.
Most people aren't that privileged...
Did he tell you it'd take 2 weeks? :lol:

Edit: you've been on here over a year, with 100 posts and still don't know the correct section to post in.....

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:42 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Deleted
Delete

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile YIM
MMT 1000 Club

Obviously if you'd look at my picture it says "Hillary for Prison" but hey, I can't help you read.

And no, there is no review on your motor whatsoever. So, again, this is the wrong section.
But I'm glad Mudbuddy got you taken care of!

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm
MMT Sponsor

Yall stay calm :D i would really like to see some hdr reveiws

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:23 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:46 pm
MMT Pro Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]