It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 1636 copperhead 
MMT Member

Post 1636 copperhead
MM Brand: Backwater swomp lite Horsepower: 23
Prop 9x6
Boat Brand: copperhead Boat size: 1636 Boat sides: 20 inch transome height: 15 inch Boat layout: bow hatch , removable grab bar Speed | Shallow water: 25mph Speed | Deep water: 21mph Speed | loaded 21mph in shallow water, 17mph in deep water Condition tested in | The speeds were all taking at slack tide the deep water is 10ft deep. Shallow water is 1ft or less. Shallow water and deep water speeds was with me (200lbs)(3 gallon gas) (car battery) Loaded speed was me (200lbs) (3 gallon gas) (car battery)(70lb lab) (80lbs of clams) i Comments I love the setup it takes 3inch of water to float with me in it and 5inches with that loaded test i did it can handle more weight than that. Its made out of 1/8 5086 aluminum the boat has 20 inch sides thats nice i had it out in 3 ft waves and felt safe. It does have a 15inch transome so i can use a longtail mud motor and also makes it have a lower center of gravity. The problem is i can't turn the motor all the way around becuse it hits the sides i knew that when i went with the 20inch sides I rather have the 20inch sides and have the motor stick out the back when trailering. I only use this in saltwater and wipe the motor down with corrosionx i have had it for a year now and so far no rust when i bought the boat it was unpainted. I have put gator glide g2 and gator base on it and Duralux marine paint i used 100 grit sand paper and wiped it down with acetone and then i sprayed it down with vinegar waited then washed it down with soapy water.

Sun May 27, 2018 3:29 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: 1636 copperhead
Good review

Mon May 28, 2018 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]