It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 1644 GODEVIL DUCKBOAT & 31 HP GODEVIL LONGTAIL 
MMT Pro Member

Post 1644 GODEVIL DUCKBOAT & 31 HP GODEVIL LONGTAIL
Boat is a 2002 1644 godevil duckboat with extended front deck, gun box, split seat layout, and 3 seat mounts. Motor is 31 hp godevil longtail that is newer but I'm not sure of the year.

Got this boat last weekend but took it out for the first time today. Rode in a river with plenty of stumps, submerged logs, shallow hard bottoms, and mud. It was me (220 lbs) driving and another guy (220 lbs) riding in the front.

The boat handled all of the terrain fine. It rolls off logs and stumps pretty smoothly. Doesn't lose much speed over hard bottom as long as there's 5 or 6 inches of water. Handles mud fine but I need to get more confidence driving before I can just slide right over exposed mud.

The motor is a beast and runs smooth as butter. We were holding around 20 mph going up river at just below full throttle. I was offered a 37 EFI GDSD for some extra money and the LT but I'm very happy with my setup right now.

The boat is rated for 3 and I'm confident that would work fine but I think 2 people is ideal.

Overall, very happy with my purchase.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:04 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: 1644 GODEVIL DUCKBOAT & 31 HP GODEVIL LONGTAIL
That rig should be a beast

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]