It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 1981 16' Bass Tracker converted mud rig 
MMT Pro Member

Post 1981 16' Bass Tracker converted mud rig
Hey ya'll wanted to get your thoughts on something. I'm saving for a shallow water rig. The reality is all I can afford is a budget beater. I know the headache that comes with a budget beater boat so I really just want something new and hesitate when it comes to anything else.

I'm up in salt lake and there's not shit for any used deals up here. I found a 16' 1981 Bass Tracker full aluminium hull with the old school orange stripes. The guy already ripped the console out, put brand new carpet in it and converted it to tillar.

I was gonna buy it, weld pods on it then put the new 40 EFI Go Devil SD on (not the FNR model). Paint the motor black and restore the vintage bass tracker look. Thought that'd be badass.

Found out the boat was riveted and backed out on closing on it. Initially I guess I thought it was welded. Having second thoughts, not all rivited boats are trash, anybody ever had one of these old bass trackers? Bass Tracker I, II or III.

Hopefully before Christmas I should have around $10k that ive stashed away these last few months for a boat, I want that 40 EFI. Wont finance anything my pops would never let me hear the end of it.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]