It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Added picth to my prop and didn't do nothing! 
MMT Member

Post Added picth to my prop and didn't do nothing!
I wanted to post up results for my 13hp Beavertail with an original 8*4 size prop. I wanted to see if I could gain a little bit more speed from my motor, so I went to an 8*6 size prop. I had 2in of pitch added to it since I was told that it would help increase speed. Well it didn't do anything diff. The speed was about the same, maybe .3-.5mph worse. I'm getting beavertail pods installed today so I'll try to post up a pic later in the week. I hope it'll get skinnier with em on.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Added picth to my prop and didn't do nothing!
When it comes to stock motors, the builders pretty much have it figured out when it comes to props - you can play around with them some, but especially with the smaller motors you're not gonna do anything, but spend time and money and end up pretty much where you started!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 am
MMT Pro Member

Your 13 HP and most motors are designed to develop that horsepower at a certain RPM, say 3600 or whatever. If you put some much pitch on them, they WILL NOT turn that RPM, hence they WILL NOT DEVELOP THAT HORSEPOWER! Like NAB said, most of the guys that build these things have already tried a bunch of props and will supply the best all around one.

If you want to go faster, dumping the 13 and bolting on a 23 or bigger would be a step in the right direction ;)

A stock 23, 27 or 31 is ALWAYS going to outrun the 13 ...unless you can fit a GM supercharger and nitros on it.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:23 pm
MMT Member

Thanks guys, I just put my 13hp up for sale and now need to save for a bigger LT. I like the supercharger/nitrous idea though (WHATEVER YOU DO, do not push the RED button :shock: ) NOO SSSSHHHHH******ttttttttttaaaahhhhhhhhhh............

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]