It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 pm




Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 40 EFI ordered 
Author Message
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post 40 EFI ordered
Alright guys,
I've had a 24hp drake surface drive on my boat since November. At the time it was on a 1542 weldbilt that was hooked in between every rib. Got rid of it and had Extreme metal fab build me a 16x48 with a huntdeck. The DSD has been great when everything's working right. I ditched the lifan for a 22hp pred which nearly doubled my speed with a 10" prop. Trying to work a buy back on the lifan since its had fuel issues since day one. To date it it's on its 2nd engine, 2nd prop shaft, 2nd belt, and both sides of the belt housing has welds crack. Plan right now is to get it back to square one and sell it.

Ordered a BW 40 this week. Every excited. I should see the same speeds or better than what I'm getting now. Does the 40 come with an electric fuel pump and battery cables?


Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:56 am
Profile
MMT Addict

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:10 pm
Posts: 617
Location: Raceland, Louisiana
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
You should be very happy with that 40 LT. The guys on here that have them, love them. Where are you located out of?

_________________
1971 Ouchita 1440 riveted with custom 23hp go devil LT
18x48 custom duck skiff with 40 GTR XD with some extras (unbaffled voodoo, k&n intake, baggy worked prop, cut skeg, gatorglide G2)


Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 am
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 1357
Location: West TN
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
WI715 wrote:
Alright guys,
I've had a 24hp drake surface drive on my boat since November. At the time it was on a 1542 weldbilt that was hooked in between every rib. Got rid of it and had Extreme metal fab build me a 16x48 with a huntdeck. The DSD has been great when everything's working right. I ditched the lifan for a 22hp pred which nearly doubled my speed with a 10" prop. Trying to work a buy back on the lifan since its had fuel issues since day one. To date it it's on its 2nd engine, 2nd prop shaft, 2nd belt, and both sides of the belt housing has welds crack. Plan right now is to get it back to square one and sell it.

Ordered a BW 40 this week. Every excited. I should see the same speeds or better than what I'm getting now. Does the 40 come with an electric fuel pump and battery cables?


It comes with tachometer and hour meter, fuel pump, a few feet of fuel line, and battery cables. Just add oil.

_________________
40 Backwater SWOMP Lite / 1752 Alweld Mud

6.5 Backwater SWOMP Lite / 1440 PolarKraft


Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 am
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
I'm active, so I bounce around every couple years. Originally from northern WI but currently in NC.


Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:25 am
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
FRANKtheTAU wrote:
WI715 wrote:
Alright guys,
I've had a 24hp drake surface drive on my boat since November. At the time it was on a 1542 weldbilt that was hooked in between every rib. Got rid of it and had Extreme metal fab build me a 16x48 with a huntdeck. The DSD has been great when everything's working right. I ditched the lifan for a 22hp pred which nearly doubled my speed with a 10" prop. Trying to work a buy back on the lifan since its had fuel issues since day one. To date it it's on its 2nd engine, 2nd prop shaft, 2nd belt, and both sides of the belt housing has welds crack. Plan right now is to get it back to square one and sell it.

Ordered a BW 40 this week. Every excited. I should see the same speeds or better than what I'm getting now. Does the 40 come with an electric fuel pump and battery cables?


It comes with tachometer and hour meter, fuel pump, a few feet of fuel line, and battery cables. Just add oil.


Awesome!


Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:26 am
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:42 pm
Posts: 1848
Location: Conroe tx
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
FRANKtheTAU wrote:
WI715 wrote:
Alright guys,
I've had a 24hp drake surface drive on my boat since November. At the time it was on a 1542 weldbilt that was hooked in between every rib. Got rid of it and had Extreme metal fab build me a 16x48 with a huntdeck. The DSD has been great when everything's working right. I ditched the lifan for a 22hp pred which nearly doubled my speed with a 10" prop. Trying to work a buy back on the lifan since its had fuel issues since day one. To date it it's on its 2nd engine, 2nd prop shaft, 2nd belt, and both sides of the belt housing has welds crack. Plan right now is to get it back to square one and sell it.

Ordered a BW 40 this week. Every excited. I should see the same speeds or better than what I'm getting now. Does the 40 come with an electric fuel pump and battery cables?


It comes with tachometer and hour meter, fuel pump, a few feet of fuel line, and battery cables. Just add oil.

Also a Lever style throttle , vs. the old lawnmower model.

H Finn

_________________
Ole black water keep on rolling

18x54 Uncle J -GTR - with the koolaid
Back H2o SWOMP 23 SS stage 2 15x36 GD Duck Skiff GATOR
GATOR GLIDE PROSTAFF
BACKWATER PROSTAFF
http://www.gatorglide.com

Coupe rest in peace brother


Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:26 pm
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
This is an issue I thought of earlier today. 16" transom and sides are around 21". The hunt deck is 20". I'm taking my boat a welder next week to repair a cracked weld on my SD and to weld up the holes in my transom from the bolts. I think I'm going to run into issues running the longtail due to the difference in heights between the transom and false transom. Should I just have the welder build my transom up to 20?Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:06 pm
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:46 am
Posts: 26
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
Can you have them build a short shaft ? I had the build mine down short for 100


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
Plandr5 wrote:
Can you have them build a short shaft ? I had the build mine down short for 100


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Going with the 65" SS but I'll have to get it mounted first to see of I'll have any issues with the false transom height. Motor will be here this week


Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:59 pm
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
Ran my new 40 for the first time today. In heavy chop (12-16 inch waves)with just me in the boat I was holding 26 mph in a 754 war eagle. Couldn’t find any shallow water with all of the rain we’ve had.


Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:07 pm
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
I'd be very happy with those speeds.

There may have been some confusion about what I needed to do to my boat. I think theres a possibility that I wont be able to pop the motor out of the water very far due to the height of my transom (16") and my false transom (21"). I called Jake at BW and he said I'm on the right track but I should wait until I install the motor before modifying my boat, which is the plan. The hunt deck is 20" but extract measurement is right around 18". Those were just rough lines and 45 degree angles in the marks I drew out but I'm going to match the angles of the hull on the transom cut IF I need to do it. Engines paid for just waiting on a tracking number at this point.

New prop shaft is getting milled along with a new locking collar for the prop. The SD has been a headache since I got it. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:19 am
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
Excuse the crap photo quality. New phone case is in the mail. Got the motor mounted up last weekend and it went to the welder on Tuesday. Lesson learned, dont tell someone you arent in a rush. Still waiting for a text saying it's done. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:51 am
Profile
MMT 1000 Club

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:32 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: south Florida
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
Hoping everything works out well! Don't often see a longtail on a hunt deck...

_________________
Sailing in the sawgrass /1648 grizzly and Swomp 26.5 EFI


Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 am
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
I'll snatch some pictures in a little bit but the notch worked great. Took the boat out on a local pond this morning, its covered in stumps but the 300 yard clear stretch let me do a few laps at various rpms. I got up to 27mph. Diggin it so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:42 am
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
There she beImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:19 am
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 1357
Location: West TN
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
Clean work by the fab guy and good numbers.

_________________
40 Backwater SWOMP Lite / 1752 Alweld Mud

6.5 Backwater SWOMP Lite / 1440 PolarKraft


Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:30 pm
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Posts: 28
Post Re: 40 EFI ordered
FRANKtheTAU wrote:
Clean work by the fab guy and good numbers.
I'm happy how it turned out. I have to rethink my blind a little bit now that its mounted. I just have pull a screw to slide the shaft from under it once I get to the launch. My front deck is a little low to throw my fuel tank under but I need to figure out weight distribution with my hunt load as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:39 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aksmj, FRANKtheTAU and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: