It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 scavenger motor? 
MMT Member

Post scavenger motor?
if anybody can give advice i would appreciate it. im thinking about buy a scavenger motor for my boat and do not know any one that has one, or a long tail for that matter. i go to the brazos river and it is 20 miles of solid rocks in the part that i go to. ive looked at just about every motor i think is out there and i that the belt driven and the auger prop is the way to go, not sure though. i do know that im am really tired taking an extra prop every time i hit the water, i have not been down that strech a single time with out breaking a prop on my little outboard. any help would be great

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:15 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: scavenger motor?
rocks i would think scavenger would be the way you want to go i have a 13 horse scavenger on a 1652 modified v with the ribs on the bottom so she is a little slow and scavengers arent known for speed but they take a beating on those auger props one of the places i bow fish is an old gravel pit. there are alot of chunks of concrete in there from when they anchored different pieces of equipment and i have hit them with the skeg and it left a dent no to bad and the prop hit it and it just left a little mark i run it hard in there and i haven't had to bad a luck with them actually i have had no problems but they are not very popular on this site lol so good luck getting opinions besides look at another motor pm me if you have more questions or just reply here

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:42 pm
MMT Member

yeah they are not the coolest lookin , but they are simple and seem tuff. thanks

Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:22 pm
MMT Pro Member

I have a 13 hp. It's tuff as nails, but slow as hell. Plenty of touque though. Non't think you will ever hurt that prop.

50 Nissian on a 17' Lakesport.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:37 pm
MMT Pro Member

i will vouch for the slow as hell lol

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]