It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Mud-skipper with free motor 

Post Mud-skipper with free motor
I'm in the market for a long tail kit, and noticed that mud skipper is offering a free electric start engine with there 5-7 hp kit. Is this a good kit or should I keep looking. I was leaning toward the Beaver dam kit but then seen this. Thanks for the help.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:49 am
MMT Member

Post Re: Mud-skipper with free motor
I have the mud-skipper kit with a 212cc predator that has been modded a little on a 14x32 for about 3 years now. Its a good cheap kit, I haven't had any issues with mine running shallow sloughs and rivers. Its by far not the best kit out there but its cheap and has always got me where I wanted to go and back.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:26 pm
MMT Member

I also have a Mudskipper longtail setup. It is on a 14ft fiberglass skiff that's a modified v. I have a predator 420cc engine with a few mods. I personally went with the predators from Harbor Freight because they are "Honda clones" and you can use many modifications that they make for the Honda motors. Not to mention the price, shipping, and warranty. The customer service at Mudskipper is unparalleled, but I would get another motor rather than what they sell. Good luck with it, and don't let the nay-Sayers discourage your Mudskipper idea. Any of these longtail setups require more effort to operate than other motors. My Mudskipper has taken me places I couldn't believe and has far exceeded my expectations for a fraction of the cost of others. And I built it and customized it myself.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:32 pm
MMT Member

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:09 am
MMT Member

Also Mudskipper is going to be introducing surface drive kits! Hey, for $845 and I can use my motor from the longtail and be rigged for more speed, AND still have my longtail too! Keep us Mudskipper fans posted on your progress. Once again, the Mudskipper kit, and company has far exceeded my expectations for service, courtesy, and performance of their products. Remember, overseas these Thai kits are used by tens of thousands of people. Not just a select group of hunters.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]