It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Transom height on backwater 35 build 
MMT Member

Post Transom height on backwater 35 build
Hello guys need some advice here. My current 1648 has a 20 inch tall transom so I bought a tall transom long version of a backwater 35 swomp. I am going to a little bigger boat and bought a old riveted 1848 and it will be stripped as light as we can as we need to run in really skinny water over sandbars to run our lines. But long story short the new boat has a 16 inch high transom. Should I build that up for the longer tall transom backwater or do I just keep it lower? I know that it all has to do with the angle of entry but it would seem to me that longer would be better even on the shorter transom for angle of entry. Just let me know if I'm off base here and should build it up.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:32 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Transom height on backwater 35 build
The handle angle vs shaft angle will probably be different between the 2. Just something to keep in mind. I would build up the 16 to 20".

#CFFITR
#GhostBoat
#Whoneedsphysicsihaveamudmotor

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:42 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Transom height on backwater 35 build
That was my thought too and just wondered if the performance would be better with the shorter 16. If it was I could just have the handle modified for being down lower with shorter 16. Also a side question anyone ever replaced the backwater thumb style throttle with a more squeeze type one? It is the only thing that I am not a big fan of on my swomp as I love everything else. Thanks

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]