It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Mud Buddy Sucks 
MMT Pro Member

Post Mud Buddy Sucks
My best friend bought a Mudbuddy 26.5 longtail and it keeps shutting off after about 5 to 10 minutes of running,sit for a 30 to 45 minutes and run another 5 to 10 minutes. It about 6 months out of warranty so it’s a home project now. Well after two phone calls to Mud Buddy to try and maybe get a little self help info,not even a Bite Me response was even attempted. Now he knows exactly why I always buy from Warren directly. Sorry to vent.

Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:02 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Mud Buddy Sucks
They are good people. I know it’s frustrating but leave a voicemail and they will get back to you.

Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:51 pm
MMT Pro Member

Well I have called twice nothing,the only thing my buddy hates is You spend thousands of dollars,have a problem and then they turn their backs on you. Im my book that’s just plain wrong .

Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:32 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tried troubleshooting the problem with Kohler (assuming thats the 26.5 you're talking about)? I know its frustrating to not get the response from mudbuddy, but it may get him back up and running quicker.

Well they call me king turd up here on shit mountain, but if you want it you can have the crown.

Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:27 am
MMT 1000 Club

mudbuddy has sucked for years. anybody with a pulse knows that. it is what it is. good luck.

Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:28 pm
MMT Pro Member

issues issues!!!! All the motor companys have theese problems dude dont loose patience that wont accomplish anything,there is many years of experience on MMT and others will help. could ur motor be pulling a vacuum on ur gas tank from what u have described that is the most likely.becauls of federal regs gas caps have to be sealed,i run mine a little loose. try calling Fast Duck motors in Astor ur in Fla Sid is always very helpful with theese things Says Ronbow

Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:14 am
MMT Pro Member

Sorry about not getting back,had gall bladder removed and prostrate surgery Monday.We have left 3 messages with MB and nothing. Have called Kohler about 2 weeks ago and left message and nothing yet. I’m thinking I must have really pissed someone off somewhere in the universe. I will try Fast Motors, Astor,Florida is only about 45 minutes from my house. Thank You so much for the information.
Now my next problem is that they closed my boat ramp. Which I have used for over 30 years,which is 3 miles down the road. The next closest is over 10 and charges 10.00 dollars. Some of the best fishing,frogging,giging,and Duck hunting. Here in Central Florida. Just sorry to see it go. Thanks for listening to me rand.
This by far one of the best sites for just about any outdoorsmen!

Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:12 am
MMT Pro Member

If it's a newer style cap with the screw in top that don't do nothing, take it out and punch or drill the guts out of the cap then replace the screw like a normal vent cap. Worked well on mine. As far as the boat ramp are you talkin about Pine Island? If so that really sucks that place has been there forever. Hope the cap trick works as well for you as it did for me.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]