It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 First Rig Question 

Post First Rig Question
Going to pick up my first rig this weekend. Any advice on things I should look at besides compression. It's a 14' 1985 Duracraft with an 07 LT mud buddy 25hp Kohler w/60 hrs on it. Think I'm getting a good deal on it at $1800 but I wanted to ask the experts.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:05 pm
MMT Moderator

Post Re: First Rig Question
Sounds like a good deal

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Yeah, that sounds like a fantastic deal. with a boat that old I would ask if it has ever had any leaks and if it comes with a trailer, when the last time the bearings were replaces and packed.. post some pics after you pick her up. :)

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:20 am

Thanks for the advice. He said he just packed the bearings and changed the oil. Here are a couple of pictures he had. We'll see if I uploaded them right. Westend you've got my dream rig, but times are tight at least this will get me on the water.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:13 am
MMT Pro Member

thats a great lookin little boat! perfect for a starter boat. specially for the price! one other question you may want to ask, is how old the prop is, or when it was last changed. those can get expensive.. if he doesnt know, and you have a measuring tape just measure it from tip to tip. they start out at 9 inches across so if it is much less than 8 1/2 ish in diameter it should probably be replaced to get maximum performance out of it.

PS- on only a 14 foot boat that big of a motor MIGHT weight down the back end to much to get on plane well. you might want to look at either getting a longer boat or putting pods on that boat if it feels like the rear end is to heavy. jusy FYI. ;)

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]