It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 I don't know where to start..... 
MMT F.E.

Post Re: I don't know where to start.....
....Tim "Cutt-Down" Pritchard was an interesting character. He was 100% Tennessean and before he jumped into the mudmotor wars on the internets he his main claim to fame had been a breif cameo appearance on the T.V. show Columbo as a child. Acting didn't suit him very well though because he was too honest. He grew up worked hard and made a name for himself as an expert in realestate,college sports, and mudmotors. I was quite pleased at the chance to meet him.

We met at a little run down gas station in Samburg and he quickly lived up to the stories I had heard. He was not nearly as concerned with the pleasantries and pretty well ignored my self-introduction as he went straght to my truck to check out the motor I was carrying in the bed. He lit a marlboro light and ran his hands over the new motor. He turned around and grinned real big as he exhaled a puff of smoke and said," Dude you are gonna love this thing.....let me take you for a ride .....I'll show ya what she'll do" . I wasn't in a hurry because Mmayes was in indonesia trying to trade some coal ash aggregate for a couple of container ships full of reed grass ( he was thinking he could get some south americans to weave them into camoflage mats , he had worked out a deal where he would pay these folks with cuban cigars that were smuggled out and had Dominican stamps on them but were fine smokes nonethe less) . With Mmayes gone things were pretty slow in Aintry and we had a new sherrif that we hadn't invited to our card game yet so I felt like it would be a fine thing to ride around the reelfoot with Cutt-down in his surface drive rig and maybe learn a thing or two.

We launched across the road from Boyettes resturant(wich by the way has the best fried crappie of any place I have ever eaten and they got pretty good chocolate pie too) and were in deep water for what seemed like about a mile and then cutt took a hard left and ran up a little trail that looked like it deadended in the woods. The trees were thick and lillypads were starting to pop out and the mayflies hadn't got started yet. It was dark in them woods and we were going so fast we kept nickin trees left and right. After about ten minutes in the woods at full throttle we come slidin into a big timber hole and there is a duck blind bigger than any I had ever seen and there is a big ole boy in overalls sittin in a jonboat fishin with a cane pole. I said," who is that?". Cutt smiled and said," that's Capps.....he's the game warden around here but all he does is crappie fish and run duck hunts outta that big blind over yonder....world on the street is that he is a crappie tournament champion and is singlehandidly responsible for 85% of the crappie that they serve over at Boyettes" I scratched my head and said,"thats odd" , Cutt shrugged and said ,"aint it though".
We spent the rest of the day jumpin logs and runnin through little bitty trails in the cattails and doin a neat trick that Cutt called the power-slide. I told him about all the stumps we had at Aintry and he said it sounded like fun so I told him to get a couple of dice shooters together and come on up to the barn later in the summer and we could ride the boats durring the day and either roll some dice or maybe even find some roosters fightin somewhere out further in the sticks at night......................................................

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:04 am
MMT Elite Member

Interesting. Gotta love a good ole rooster fight.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 am
MMT 1000 Club

:D :D

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:16 am
MMT Pro Member

Muuuu......ther.........fu..cker........

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:02 pm
MMT Pro Member

Come on I need some more

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:23 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I just hope I'm putin' the correct pronounce on Mmayes ..... :lol: !!!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:08 pm
MMT F.E.

...........I survived the reelfoot run and made it back to Aintry in one piece. It was starting to break spring and the lilly pads and mayapples were begining to pop out. Mmayes had gotten back from indonesia and had four bottles of red wine he had traded with a Tibettan monk for in the Auckland New Zeland airport . Who would have thought a bootleg cd of led zeplin and two packs of kools would ever be worth four bottles of red wine? Let alone stuff of the quality we were sippin out under the stars by the picnic table at Aintry. It was wonderful . Sippin a good vintage ,lookin for shootin stars and listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn belt out over the frog calls as the swamp slowly warmed itself closer to lightning bug season which always meant the first shedding season of the local cottonmouths(a time to proceed with caution).

Mmayes was layin on his back trying to figure which mushroom spot we would check first in the morning. He was smoking a marlboro .................

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:08 pm
MMT F.E.

................He had invited some music dudes he knew from L.A. to come ride with us in the go-drive ( we had put the pro-drive on an old go-devil 16x44) . It did okay at first and we were having trouble with the trim and the transome angle...until Mmayes looked at it real hard for about twenty seconds and says," hell BM .....all ya need is a bigger roller on that thing....no problem." We passed that on to KP and Brian and they said Peck had mentioned that but they never really considered it........now it is the standard fix for all the different transom angles.

Any way these city dudes came down to ride with us in the go-drive and my trusty old scavenger mounted on the lund alaskan deep v. They had a big time and even though they didn't know shit about rollin dice Me and Black Willie gave them a good lesson along with a few locals out in the barn. They had so much fun they promised to come back when we had "x" completed and after a few days they sent us a dvd video of our mud run with their bands music in the background. We sent it to Kp and Brian and they said it was "ok" but they must have liked it because they pulled the audioslave music off our dvd and made it the background tunes on their website. Hell as far as we can tell everyone liked it because the next thing you know Audioslave is famous and gettin on the radio and everything. Mmayes said if we wanted to we could hit them up for a cut in the action but thats just not how we are at Aintry.......that shit happens everyday in Utah but we pretty well figure you got to make your own way in Aintry. Anyhow the morels started poppin out and between mushrooms and crappie we had more bounty than we knew what to do with for a month or so anyway.............................

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:23 pm
MMT Pro Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:59 pm
MMT 1000 Club

bump

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:33 am
MMT Elite Member

Let me know when da hard back novel comes out.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:11 am
MMT Elite Member

..... :?: .....

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but
it is the journey that matters, in the end."

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:50 pm
MMT 1000 Club

:) :) more please

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:16 pm
MMT 1000 Club

This is almost as bad as a strip club. At least im not payin to be teased here

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:36 pm
MMT Pro Member

It's about time for more. keep it comeing B. M.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 am
MMT Pro Member

Cheese and rice man............... continue with the story already! :D

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:01 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:05 pm
MMT F.E.

.....So I was knockin around Aintry and Mmayes was busy trying to sell another of his inventions.....he was in Panama city trying to sell jagermeister jello shots in a neet little silver souvineir cup with a stag head printed on it. It was a hard sell but he said altogether 2.3 million units got ordered. I was trying to get my hoopnets sewed up one afternoon and Black Willie's sister Joe'quitta comes by in the mail truck . We never get mail at Aintry so I was a little alarmed. It was a cerified letter from a guy named Clint in Utah. I went ahead and opened it even though it was addressed to Mmayes. It said that we should expect a visit from the G-man hisself. I had purchased a pro-drive edition gatortrax from the k-man back when he was ridding the fence. This was before all the hype about the huntdeck and the balanced drive and all that.

It seems that k-man had spilled the beans to G-man and he was anxious to see project "x" even though we had essetially quit working on it since it was frog season and the pro-drive had been doing us fine. Mmayes sent him a response but apparently he didn't believe us. He showed up the next friday in a rented geo-tracker. That was a big mistake because anyone who lives in or near Aintry would automatically consider someone in a geo-tracker as gay and wouldn't associate with them. (Nothing against gay people there I'm just tellin you the way it is) . When he first pulled up to the trailer Black Willie spit on the ground and said ,"BM , what you reckon that faggotassmudder(&(*)& is doinin knockin on our doe" . I said,"now Willie don't be going passin judgement on the guy just because he looks different......maybe he is one of them jeehoavers or somethin."

I go out to meet him and he lets me know real quick that he is here to meet Mmayes. I tell him mmayes is in the PC and will be back tomorrow.He then decides to talk a little and he kind of gasps as he looks out over the Aintry upper basin swamp and says,"you guys actually take a boat out there"
"yep", Black willie replies,"some of the best gawldang froggin in the whole wide world"
"well i'll be ", the G-man says. He had a real weird look on his face and he was scanning the contents of our barn. He says he'll be back tomorrow to talk with Mmayes.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:08 pm
MMT F.E.

.....Now something that willie noticed and I didn't was that the man had no fingernails.......NONE . just ten digits with rounded ends....kind of creepy. Black Willie said his Mammaw that was from Haitian slave stock always told him that the devil had no nails. She said never to shake a mans hand that had no fingernails cause he was ,"the devil fo sho an he would sneek the good right outta ya an take yo soul to de udder side". I thought that sounded a little extreme but found it interesting and proceeded with caution.

Mmayes came in the next day and G-man showed up shortly thereafter. Mmayes got cornered out by the shed and I couldn't here everything but some of what I overheard was "proprietary.....and patented titanium housing bolts......and it just has to sound good....and we can make millions"

Mmayes really backed off and told him he didn't have any use for all that but if he wanted to make it he better get his drive angle right."Drive angle?" ,G-man said, and Mmayes knew he had said too much but felt obligatetd to explain(southerners always have a polite way about them that few yankees understand and a few yankees exploit) . Mmayes gave him a down and dirty about how screwed up the HyPerdive was due to a few simple problems. g-man listented intently and made Mmayes a few offers to consult for him....he even offered to let me in too. Mmayes declined saying he was too busy with the coffee and coal ash tradding . ,,,,and finally G-man was on his way. We never really heard from him again except a few nasty lawyer letters and a few visits from a weirdo named Bill that goes by the handle"almo-dux" on the fuge and on mudbuddy's site.

After the G-man left Mmayes told me how insistent G was at finding out everything he knew bout pd....gt...and project "x". Mmayes was feeling down for even talking to him.....he said,"you know after that conversation I feel like a dirty mexican whore". I replied the best way I knew how and said ," awww come on Mmayes other than the goucho mustache and the sombrero you don't even look mexican".............................................................................to be continued

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:24 pm
MMT Addict

Forking classic :lol: :D

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:02 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I aint fond of to many naggers but Im liking Black Willie already LOL

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:31 pm
MMT Elite Member

lets just hope its not 12 more days til the next instalment..

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:44 pm
MMT 1000 Club

2 many beer.... :D I will catch up in the a.m....... 8-)

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:01 pm
MMT Pro Member

you have the entire forum in your hand with this thread and you are wasting time bitching about the content of some other insignificant post. i dont get it.....

see bm, this is where you need to be, instead of cranking on the yongsters about their x-box......

got two wooden nickels and a rabbit's foot, livin on luck like a small time crook. ;)
i wear my soul like alligator skin, hard as leather with a toothy grin.
:mrgreen:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:26 am
MMT Elite Member

Interesting.......the G-Man was a stalker! :o

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:10 pm
MMT Pro Member

We need some more B.M. come on.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:16 pm
MMT Pro Member

I am here at work checking back 2 to 3 times a day for the rest of the story.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:50 am
MMT 1000 Club

i dont know bout any of you other guys, but im gettin tired of checkin to see if more is added and with all the elaboration im startin to lose interest. any chance you can wrap this thing up soon BM? i like the story and learnin something but my attention span only goes so far.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:06 pm
MMT 1000 Club

ya know ppl like u are what keeps the ppl who started this site like BM and mayes from comin arond anymore. BM B C, continue when u feel the need.. Remember Aintry ;)

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
MMT F.E.

Please have patience with me boys......I'm trying to run a bowlin alley and I don't know how to type.....this stuff takes time and effort.

I had a long post today that got erased as i was trying to post it.

and to top that im tryin to keep up with dorcinda. :roll:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:47 pm
MMT Pro Member

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:46 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:57 pm
MMT F.E.

......So one day Tyrone comes in from the store and as usual has a great big stack of scratch-off lottery tickets. He rubs them things like crazy and I can hear him from the other side of the trailer,"wooooohoooo baby I'm goin to vegas!!!!"
"What?"' I screamed over the Van Morrison song blasting in the background. He said," BM , I done won a awl expense paid trip to lawsvaigaasss fo me an a fren..............BM my brudder , Im takin you to the dice shootin capital of de whole wide world."It seems he needed me for navigation cause he had only been outta the county without me or Mmayes one time back when his sister Condalisa graduated from Harvard Law school. He wondered around the northeast for a couple weeks before finally calling Black Willie collect and Mmayes booked him a southwest flight from New Hampshire to Nashville and we had Layton and them pick him up at the airport and bring him home.

We landed in Vegas at about 3 in the afternoon which is like 5 or 6 on our time . We got a cab to the Stardust annex casino which is kind of behind a row of efficeintcy apartments and liquor stores. It wasn't quite like what I had expected but they had a craps table and that was what we were there for. Tyrone got five hundred dollars in chips and saved his other five hundred as reserve. I wanted to check the place out before I got in the game so I just stood by the rail and got ready for the show. His first bet was 200 on the hard eight and he backed up 100 on the pass line right before they handed him the dice.

Tyrone was on fire..........It was too surreal to report but I know he hit the hardways at least seven times and crapped on the come-out several times over a period of an hour and a half. It was a blur but before we knew it we were packin armfuls of chips to the cashier. They gave tyrone a big ole wad of money and we hit the door to find the nearest starbucks. I told him that while he had the cash he had to try a blackberry chai frapuchino. He absolutley loved it and ordered another one for the road.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:12 am
MMT F.E.

......We walked down the strip and gawked at the sites. I let Tyrone pull a few of the slot machines and sit down at the blackjack table a little but as his chaperone I was worried that he would blow his whole bankroll if he wasn't real careful. We got into the Mirage even though Tyrone was wearin flip-flops and sat down at an interesting game that was just a big wheel with numbers on it. You would simply put a bet on a color and if the wheel ends on that color you win the odds. Tyrone was really into it even though he couldn't quite understand the odds thing. we sat there for a few hours alternating between red and blue and had stacked up 20-or thirty bucks. I got tired and had to go to the restroom so I told Tyrone that I would be back.

When I came out of the restroom I noticed a large crowd had gathered at the "wheel of fortune" and there was Tyrone right in the middle of the crowd smokin a kool and grinnin from ear to ear. He had waited till I left and sneaked a couple thousand out of his bankroll and put it on the little orange sliver that pays sixty to one.............you guessed it .....orange hit. The next couple days were a blurr but we made it to the airport just in time . On the Plane we had a salesman from Chicago sitting between us and he overheard Tyrone say something about Mmayes sure was gonna be surprised. This dude jerks his head around and says," are you talkin about the same Mmayes that is building a prototype called "x" in a little backwater called "Aintry"? I looked at Tyrone and neither one of us knew what to say.

Greg "the shocker" Mccauly was from southsouthwest Chicagoland and had been in the mudmotor game for quite sometime. He had actually been in the sealed bearing business and entered the mudmotor scene in the mid 90's when he landed an account with an upstart mudmotor manufaturer in Utah that had implemented some sealed bearings in their diesign to make a patent claim and do away with problems associated with stacked bushings. He had gotten to be friends with the mudmotor man as the little fledgling business grew and the agressive marketing made them known worldwide as they gained a big cunk of the mudmotor market. The sales had made Mccauley a rich man but something about the deal just made him feel uneasy and he began to back away from his dealings.

This hesitation to buy the hype hook line and sinker put his relationship with the poobah . He was sad to see such a close friendship on the rocks but just accepted it as one of those things and focused on his passion for modified cars and hoppin up engines. In the mod scene in Illionois he was known simply as "Rail".

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:34 am
MMT 1000 Club

Very interesting. Thanks for the history..
and cmelvin, if you dont want to read it, DONT OPEN THE FUKIN THREAD. Simple as that :roll:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:21 am
MMT Addict

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:31 am
MMT F.E.

just like a good gumbo.... it's all starting to come together :mrgreen:

HRCH Cajun Black "VOODOO" Magic

18x48 Center Console PD w/32PDHydro T&T; Hydro Reverse
"If I wanted any of your lip; I would pull down my zipper"

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next