It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Webpage????? 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Webpage?????
You guys with web pages what program did you use to create you layout. I already have a domain name, just need to get the layout looking nice. In college we used Front page in a class so that is all the experience i have in web design.

Thanks in advanced.

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. Go here and click on the "donate a mammogram". This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:10 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Webpage?????
I wrote my own html code for everything. Yea I know I did it the hard way. I am in the process of building a new complete page. Won't be ready to turn it loose until sometime late summer/early fall.
Smoke

BPS Swamp Staff Member
Blackwater Marine LLC.

Quote classic by rangerp: "Red seemed to be enjoying herself, and I assume by the look on her face was about to hit the high-note and throw a locate as she treed the possum."

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:18 pm
MMT Elite Member

You can use Microsoft Publisher that is availeabl with Microsoft office. to get by, But TonyB has got to know the good programs to make it alot more user firendly.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:43 pm
MMT Site Admin

Frontpage would be the easiest (although I've never used it).

I use Dreamweaver but it's got a learning curve. It's sort of like learning CAD.

Good luck with your site.

Admin | Owner
Admin | Owner
Admin | Owner
CEO | Graphic Details Digital Media

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

I don’t know how sophisticated you are trying to make the page. Yahoo provides free web sites with simple site building tools. It takes about 30mins to get a site up and running. I then used FrontPage to modify the site and customize it. FrontPage is a cut and paste application that is easy to use. I registered the site with several search engines like Yahoo and Google so that it would show up in peoples searches if they entered certain keywords.

This is the site

http://www.geocities.com/lparrish100/Ea ... Lease.html

Since it's free the bandwidth is pretty small if a few people try to go to it at the same time it gives you a message saying that the bandwidth has been exceeded, it’s not all that great, but I did not spend much time on it and its free. We lost the lease so we no longer have the club, I need to put that on the page but I am hoping we get the lease back. I get anywhere from 10 to 20 people a year running across the site checking to see if we have any openings.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:55 pm
MMT Pro Member

Frontpage is the easiest to use, but be careful if you use objects built into frontpage. Some of them are only able to be viewed in internet explorer. When I maintained a webpage, I used frontpage to get the layout like I wanted it, and then put in my own html and javascript. I had my site registered with go daddy. They make it easy to publish your page using Frontpage.

Here is a good site for refrence when building your site.

It has all the basic stuff that you will need.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]