MMT Addict

Post Re: Oil Prices

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:28 pm
MMT Addict

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:30 pm
MMT Elite Member

Well I will be on the same hunt as Duck hearse. I will say it's nice to know the right people.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:38 pm
MMT Elite Member

But whodat. If the oilfield goes down who will eat at your restaurant?

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:39 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Oil just needs to get to 70$ and everyone should be happy.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:47 pm
MMT Addict

That's what I'm thinking. $65 would be peachy.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:52 pm
MMT Addict

Double post... Yaaaaay

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:52 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

That's why I say 70$ oil should make everyone happy.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:57 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Man you guys got my drunk ass talking about oil prices. I forgot why I was originally getting drunk. I am supposed to be mad at certain members of my hunting lease. I respect all of you and appreciate your thoughts, knowledge and opinions. With that being said, I am moving on from the gas price talk and getting back to getting drunk and being pissed off at my hunting lease.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:17 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:19 pm
MMT Addict

Im a production operator. Goodnthing for me is that the closer to the well head u are the safer your job. We habbt seen many shut downs as for as construction and any other planned activities but one of the big wigs for the company did say that we need to be practical and not spend unnessisarily

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Oil Prices

Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:28 am
MMT Elite Member

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:12 am
MMT F.E.

This may be retarded but the folks that want to pay for gas, let them... Go fill up your truck and toss in another $1 for every gallon you buy.. I'd like to see if all the people that "say" they would like for gas prices to go up would pay for it voluntarily when they don't have to.
Like I said, maybe I'm thinking like a retard but I thought it made for a good argument

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:27 am
MMT Pro Member

I'm a project engineer for a major air-cooled heat exchanger company in Ok and we are taking a beating due to the low oil prices. When oils prices plunge natural gas tends to do the same and that's our bread and butter. All the ACHE manufactures in the area, and there are a bunch in this area, are feeling it and laying folks off.

Death Waits In The Dark! NSDQ!

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:46 am
MMT Super Elite Member

To sum up: Oil prices high and pump prices high, bad for America and good for oilfield worker and oil companies.

Oil prices low and pump princes low, good for America and bad for oilfield worker and oil companies.

It matters where you are in this dynamic. If oil workers were unionized the only pockets who would be affected by fluctuations in oil pricing would be big oil, their executives, and the Arab nations.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Its sad when a guy making 70 to 100k gets laid off so somebody making a couple million can keep his job.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:37 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I service natural gas production equipment on land and offshore and while we have not seen any growth since the price dropped, new contracts new customers, we've remained pretty stable. We've also been told to be mindful of our spending but we're not going to let something go without repair or maintenance. It's slow but the industry will make it through it and hopefully learn something from it. The price of a barrel of crude oil effects much more than the people who directly work in the industry. If you think the south is all that's effected by it you're mistaken.

I also agree that $60-$70 oil would probably be a happy medium for most everyone and the oilfield in general would be profitable and wouldn't cost everyone else arms and legs.

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:59 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I work deepwater drilling.
Logistics for Chevron on a drillship.
Definitely feeling the oil price drop here!
Chevron layed off 4,000 people, and we have another layoff of 7,000 coming in feb-april.
Our jobs are in scope, and it looks like most of us will get laid off.

Pay cuts have happened to me 3 times already,

I'll gladly drop $100 bill in gas to fill up my truck.

And if some people the price of oil doesn't effect everyone, then everything that you have, that needed oil to be made, id like for you to stop using it! :)

I live in nothing but the oil field, if I get laid off, the next best job is nothing...
I'm hoping that I make it through the downturn as im so young and have some experience.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:16 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Its not the high gas bill in my car, its everything else. The trickle effect. Operating costs are up because of that price being so high. Everything i buy costs more, and not just because of inflation. Its because they all need oil to be made and transported. There's definitely a happy medium. May not mean peak salaries, but it doesn't mean no work either. I have a couple good friends in the oil field, and they manage their money well. They're waiting for the layoff, and aren't happy about it, but know the good money they are making can't be sustained unless oil stays that high. I've also listened to the argument that our local economies are supported in large part by that industry. Well, this is what happens when the price soars. It eventually has to come down. I don't want to see anyone willing to work not have a job because of it, but I also didn't like seeing my necessaries, or my wants, be priced significantly higher because of the greed of the oil companies, and the "I have this 80k dollar truck and an oil life sticker because youre paying 3.50 for a gallon of gas" worker that isn't gonna have a job and can no longer afford his 80k dollar truck. It's too low now for many reasons, but if you didn't plan for this eventuality, I won't have sympathy. If you're offended, then good luck making it through the hard time having to sell a bunch of stuff to eat. If you arent, then I'm truly sorry your job isn't there anymore, and sincerely hope you find something to support you and your families until the price goes back up and you can get back to providing a necessary product for the rest of us.

There are extremes to the price, and we're back on the opposite end. The waste of our local governments needs to be reigned in, and if the lower tax money from the oil industry helps them hit the reset button so our money is used better in the future, then maybe we'll get something out of it. I won't hold my breath though.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:21 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I agree for sure Russ.
Very good point too.
I have only been making "decent" money for a year now.
In that year I have been able to pay off most of my bills, and save money to live incase of a layoff.
Luckily my wife works also, and that helps a lot.
I wont sit at home and do nothing either, I will find work for sure.

I do agree, there are lots of people that make so much money, and finance everything, when everything they have should be paid for, but it aint.
Stupidity at its finest!

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:55 pm
MMT Pro Member

I am not a fan of paying 3.50-4.00 a gallon for half of the high school dropouts to be able to afford a better truck and buy all kinds of dumb shit that people with 4 year degrees can't afford. I know most of y'all aren't like that but it really pisses me off seeing these retards bragging about all the things they bought and wanting gas to go back to 4.00 a gallon so they can blow more money on stupid shit. It for sure needs to go back up but I don't want it to go back up to what it was 2 years ago. And this is coming from someone who is planning on opening up an oil company in the future.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:10 pm
MMT F.E.

I just started in the forestry/logging industry and I haven't heard any loggers complaining about the oil prices ... Them guys hurt when the oil prices are high, barely make anything when hauling loads to the mill.. I realize oil is #1 in LA .. But hey we got lots of pine trees and that's what and will make me money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:49 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Oil prices don't have to go to where they were 2 years ago.
$60-$70 is a good place for oil.

And just for the record, I couldn't afford to go to college and do 4 years. Or even 2.

I graduated high school and went straight to work even had to finish my last year of high school living on my own.
I Started from the bottom of the oilfield. and I am no where near the top.
I have people with 4 year degrees that work under me.
it aint my fault people pissed away their money and 4 years of their life for a bullshit degree that wont get you anywhere in the oilfield.

I've got serious props for the "dumbasses" that work out here. they bust their ass 12 hours a day, for 21 days straight.
Yes, lots of people buy stupid shit and piss their money away.

But most aren't like that.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:59 pm
MMT Pro Member

Gentlermen( and I use the term loosely),

This is an example of supply and demand. Our Imperial Federal Government releases unemployment data that is way too low from the truth.
All factors considered our unemployment overall as a nation is probably close to 20%.
Most people have cut back on unnecessary travel, vacations, recreation etc.
Companies have cut back on travel as well as families. Airlines have cut flights.
Less fuel is being consumed . This applies to both auto/truck, marine and aviation.
I predict that we will stabilize at $55 per barrel when the prices rise again.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:12 am
MMT 1000 Club

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:14 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:16 am
MMT F.E.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:29 am
MMT Elite Member

I have a bachelor's in Industrial Technology. I'm one of 20 guys that do what i do for in my particular department at my company. Im not too worried about my job because of the way i did it. I started 10 years ago as an engineer, then went to a coordinator position, and finally to a subsea supervisor. I'm very versatile in what i can do. I chose to get away from the desk to make more money. The only thing i owe on is my house.

I was taught about money at a young age and drill it in my 7 year olds head like my parents did to me. I feel like its the parents fault for not teaching there kids about money. Most may have never had much growing up and when they start making a decent living they buy all the things they never had growing up which gets them in a bind at times like this.

I fear it will get worse before it gets better. If you work in the oil patch and still have a job you need to budget and prepare for the worst.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:54 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:44 am
MMT 1000 Club

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:53 am
MMT Addict

It can't stay this low for long. When it goes back up it's going to be sky high. The people in the corner offices have this thing all figured out. The world runs on oil, always has and always will.
All those libs in the Prius types can KMA.
Diesel $1.79
Gas $1.54

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:41 am
MMT Elite Member

It wouldn't be near as bad if Obama hadn't made the worst deal of the century with Iran. They are making the surplus of oil worse.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:14 pm
MMT Addict

Hussein O is friendly with Iran because they are his people. Muslims always stick together. It's just another jab at America by our president. Little by little he is destroying this great nation and he is doing it by design.
So thank a democrat for putting Hussein in the White House twice.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:57 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Just read the entire text of the Iranian deal http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/24/world/mea ... deal-text/

My take away: there's no way they will be able to comply. But if they do, it's a great accomplishment for the President. Hell, to get Iran to agree to anything is a great accomplishment.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Addict

I'll trust Netanyahu over anything out of the mouth of Hussein or that idiot Kerry. The democrats led by Hussein and Hildabeast got the world into this mess and they own it. Remember when Hussein and Hildabeast bragged how great the arab spring was and how wonderful it was that these two bureaucratic illiterates brought democracy to the savages of the middle east?
Well how is it working out now?? Those two dumb f*cks with the help of lurch Kerry got the world into one hell of a mess with their bungling of American foreign policy.
Stop drinking the kool aid Dean.
It makes you look foolish.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next