It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 which bar light 
MMT Pro Member

Post which bar light
I was wondering which led bar light are most of you running on your boats. without breaking the bank I want to put one on mine. are yall running them off a secondary battery or will the cranking battery hold up all night without putting to much of a drain on it ?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:12 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: which bar light
The cheaper ones are fine, but some of them require better sealing to keep moisture out. I pulled the end caps off mine and added silicone to seal. No moisture since. You don't have to spend 300 bucks to get a decent led light.
As far as draining the battery, that's dependant on how much it stays on, how much it draws, if you run the engine at charging rpms, and the capacity of your battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:27 am
MMT Member

I only run Rigid led's. They are a bit pricey but they are worth every penny IMO. They will hold up to abuse and the output from them is second to none.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:47 am
MMT F.E.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XC ... UTF8&psc=1

bought one of those(12" version) for Honda Pioneer so far its held up to trail riding. I was thinking on ordering the 20 version for my boat. It comes with every thing and 2 ways to mount it.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:49 am
MMT Pro Member

I put the cheapest SOB I could find from amazon on mine. It's a small 7.5 inch, and lights it up crazy good. 3 years no issues, spent like $20. If it died tomorrow, I'd replace it with the same thing. I run the motor, nav lights, bilge and light bar off of one battery and no issues. I do charge the battery when I get home with a 1.5A charger. Never takes long for it to top back off, usually an hour or so.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:25 am
MMT Member

Post which bar light
I had rigid on my boat for years. Eventually pulled it and put a cheap one from Amazon on. Night and day difference that's the rigid was so much better. I paid over $300 for a 10" rigid and it was way brighter than the $30 22" from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:39 am
MMT 1000 Club

There are brighter and dimmer led bars, but the question becomes how bright is plenty? It's not like were comparing a mag light to a surefire. The $30 bucks worth of light I have on mine outruns my boat all night long, and is way more light than necessary for me to see where I am, am going, and should be going. You'll never catch it, and everyone not in your boat can see you much farther away than you'll ever be able to see them, whether you spend 30 bucks or 300. That $30 22" that isn't as bright is still plenty unless you're in a competition, which I understand a lot of people are. Better is relative to the actual user and his/her desires. I've got 4 years so far out of mine, and it's been dunked. After it dried out, it works fine and still beats me to the blind or hole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:57 am
MMT 1000 Club

I been buying hyperion light bars. The one on my boat is about 3 1/2 yrs old and the ones on my golf cart are about 2 yrs old and never a lick of issues with them.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:15 am
MMT 1000 Club

I'm using a Lumitec h60. They are one of the higher end lights, right up there with rigid. Better in some ways and vice versa.

The h60 is a true 6000 lumens, with a dimming feature and they are IP67 compliant. For what your getting, I think the price is great.

My setup has the h60 in the center w/ a cayman super white on either side of it, angled towards the shoreline. There's not much I can't see looking left to right.

http://lumiteclighting.com/product/maxi ... ood-light/

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]