It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 New boat blind 
MMT Pro Member

Post New boat blind
I'm thinking about building a new blind for my boat this summer but trying to decide what to do with the camo. I live in GA but hunt out of the boat in SELA, only use boat blind on local river for wood ducks. I have always left the blind at the house when going to Venice as I usually pull into Canes or make a pull in blind in the water, which takes time to do the right way. Just wondering if anyone sets up down there with just fast grass blind with some Roseau cane attached in the middle of a pond or would it not be worth the time to build the boat blind if a making a pull in blind is going to be a better option. Thanks for the input folk.

Sat May 19, 2018 4:02 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: New boat blind
If you arnt hunting an area frequently, I wouldn't spend my time building a drive in blind personally. What I did with my small rig was use pvc pipe and I made a little boat blind for the boat. For the material, I ordered some tiki roof grass off of amazon. It holds up well and gives you good coverage, especially if you add some branches or rosos for different color and deminsion. I think a little boat blind would be the best thing for you because it will give you the versatility of hunting different areas, and it will allow you just to pull up on a floton or a little island, pop up the blind, and bust wings bro. Hope this helps out bud

Sun May 20, 2018 2:19 am
MMT 1000 Club

If you arnt hunting an area frequently, I wouldn't spend my time building a drive in blind personally. What I did with my small rig was use pvc pipe and I made a little boat blind for the boat. For the material, I ordered some tiki roof grass off of amazon. It holds up well and gives you good coverage, especially if you add some branches or rosos for different color and deminsion. I think a little boat blind would be the best thing for you because it will give you the versatility of hunting different areas, and it will allow you just to pull up on a floton or a little island, pop up the blind, and bust wings bro. Hope this helps out bud

Sun May 20, 2018 2:19 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sorry for sending that twice. Phone acting lake a democrat

Sun May 20, 2018 2:22 am
MMT Pro Member

Thanks for the input.

Sun May 20, 2018 12:37 pm
MMT 1000 Club

No problem bro, hope it helps. What part of SELA do you hunt?

Sun May 20, 2018 12:40 pm
MMT Pro Member

public land out of Venice. I live in GA so I only get down a couple times each year.

Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Venice has some nice hunting areas. We do most of our public land hunting in lake boeuf and lake long and on the reserve in point-aux-chene.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]