It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Aluminum Plate rolling around Baton Rouge area??? 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Aluminum Plate rolling around Baton Rouge area???
Looking to get 2 pieces of 3/16" aluminum plate rolled into a "U - Trough" or " half pipe. Plate is 48" long and 30" wide which would make approx a 15" radius half pipe. There is only 1 place that I know of that's relatively close to me and that's Nugent Steel in Port Allen. After talking to the guy there, they have a $250 minimum. Hell I could probably bend it around a 55 gallon drum, just wanted a more precise roll. Yall know of anyone around here that rolls plate that won't completely bust a hole in my ass getting it done? I could break it out octagonal, but would rather the look of the half pipe. Cleaning up the shop and have lots of scrap plate lying around and gonna build a large crawfish cooker.

Mon May 13, 2019 3:40 am
MMT Elite Member

Post Aluminum Plate rolling around Baton Rouge area???
Might be able to find somebody from an insulation company that could roll it? Or, somebody else that works with sheet metal for duct work. There is a place over here in Ascension Parish that did some boiler stack work for me. Don’t know if they can roll 3/16” or not. I’ll look for their contact info and text it to you.

Mon May 13, 2019 8:40 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Aluminum Plate rolling around Baton Rouge area???
10-4, I can also brake it out. I'm trying to get some dimensions to go "somewhat" go off of. I want to be able to do 2 sacks and all the fixings in 1 boil. But build it in such a way that I can do smaller sacks, crabs, shrimp and such as well. I have a few drawn out on my CAD program, just not sure which way to go.

Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 am
MMT 1000 Club

what about the metal building contractors, they all have a metal brake to make moldings for their buildings.
or...

production stainless in broussard, la.
go-devil boat shop in baton rouge.
prodrive has a metal brake.

american airboats in orange.

where u live? probly somebody close that u can use.

Mon May 13, 2019 8:19 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I have access to a brake and can do that. Just wanted it rounded. Possibly an insulator sheet metal roller could do it.

Tue May 14, 2019 3:08 am
MMT Pro Member

sheet metal shops wont be able to handle that. best bet is to find a decent fab shop. theres a couple down here in new orleans, but i dont know the baton rouge area. im sure theres someone closer to you that can help.

If your building a crawfish cooker you may want to double up the bottom. I know plenty people with thinner metal with no problems, and just as many that have eventually burned holes in the bottom of their pots. You may also want to ask around about using rounded bottoms, Ive heard rumors that they dont boil as well cause the heat runs up the sides. Absolutely no clue if thats true or not...but it does halfway make sense.

Tue May 14, 2019 8:15 am
MMT Elite Member

Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 am
MMT 1000 Club

Use a brake and bend every 3 inches to make it hex shape,Would look bad ass,gl

Hoyt Mods and some other goodies

Sat May 18, 2019 6:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]