It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sure Hope 2021 is Better 
MMT Elite Member

Post Sure Hope 2021 is Better
....because 2020 sure has sucked....and the hits just keep on coming!

Just finished doing all kinds of work making repairs to the houseboat and deer lease, post Zeta. Pulled up to the houseboat Thursday night, 9:30’ish....only to find it off it’s moorings and partially beached on a mudflat....again!

Just flat out disgusted with 2020! Too tired Friday morning to get out of the cold bed with no power....since the generator cable once again was ripped out of the breaker box. Surveyed the situation...decided I could survive with the portable generator. Went to fire up the Go-Devil, to make an afternoon hunt....nothing. Pretty certain the key switch is shot. Was able to jump the solenoid and get the starter to roll. Engine hand cranked with the pull start....but, no telling how old that rope is...so, wasn’t chancing taking it out to break the rope! Tied off the houseboat to some trees and thought to myself, “I’ll go fishing in the morning.” Spent one more night to wake up Saturday morning....not as cold...but, wind was blowing and the waters around Lafitte were muddy. Just shook my head, started loading up the boat to go home only to hear some gunshots coming from some ponds on our property. Found one guy in a small fiberglass, dual console with a pirogue coming out of one slough. Gave him his warning, wrote down his numbers told him don’t come back. Still hear shooting. Start riding around where I could get my big boat. Stopped to listen at the end of a location canal. See a center console Prodrive with two guys and a dog drive by back at the front of the canal....heading into our marsh....where I can’t get. Tried to catch them where that slough comes out on another canal but didn’t see them, anywhere. Rode around looking and listening....drove by another one of our platform deer stands that we just stood back up after Zeta knocked it down....it was laying on its side, again!

Decided to give up trying to find the two guys in the PD, loaded up the boat and headed back to the boat ramp....where, I broke a bunk loading the boat on the trailer! Made the repairs, hoping to see a CC PD pull into the ramp...which didn’t happen. Made it back to the house just in time to catch the thunderstorms coming through, Saturday afternoon.

Not even Dean could make this shit up! Not looking for a pity party....but, will be damn glad to see some things go in the right direction for a change!

Rant over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:29 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Sure Hope 2021 is Better
Sorry, man. That is one horseshit weekend!

It's gotta get better--no way 2021 can be worse!

Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:15 am
MMT 1000 Club

Yall think 2020 was rough, wait till 2021. It'll only get worse.

Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:17 am
MMT Elite Member

Post Sure Hope 2021 is Better
.....Forgot to mention in the first post....do you know just how hard a bamboo pole is compared to the human chin? Was reversing in the dark back to the houseboat from the dock when I first arrived. Decided to turn on my little LED headlight just in time to see an old alligator pole about to meet my Talon shallow water anchor....instead of putting the boat in forward, thought I was going to be fast enough to jump up, grab it and walk it over the boat. Well, it was faster than me. Damn near broke my jaw! That thing was surprisingly hard at 40 degrees F.

.....for me, it all started back in January with sinking an airboat.....

But, there has been some good come out of 2020...we did buy a new to us 24’ Gaudet Aluminum Boats dual console...but, then, had to buy a new truck to pull it....because I got tired of chasing the transmission overheating when pulling it with my old truck....so, was the new boat really a good thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:09 am
MMT 1000 Club

That sounds pretty miserable bro, I have to say

Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]