It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 A Good Example of Trust and Patience 
MMT Elite Member

Post A Good Example of Trust and Patience
This is a real life experience that happened to me, today.

I am having this “project” done for me that I really want to turn out well. I know in my heart the project will come together and be exactly what I want. I’ll blame it on being a first born; but I have this character trait (flaw?) that I feel I must control and manage every aspect of the job from 400 miles away. I know, as a good project manager, I should be patient, let everybody do their jobs and trust in them to get the project completed as designed.

So, today, I get an update and some photos. The job is going great and looking awesome. Then, it starts. My wheels start spinning. Are they going to do this? Are they going to do that? That needs to be done before this can be done. I really start drilling through the details in my mind. I do my best to refrain from poking my nose into the job…because, like I said, these guys obviously know what they are doing or they would not be doing the job. But, it gets the best of me and I text the field supervisor about something…and I have been doing this on a frequent basis as the project is nearing completion. His response to my text, “Troy….calm down.”

And you know…he was right. I needed to calm down and let them handle all the details.

So, I got home this afternoon and decided I would do some research through the Good Book on Patience and Trust. Get a little guidance and hopefully, better myself.

I do a Bible search on “Trust.” The very first verse that pops up:
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Then, I search “Patience.” This is the first verse that I get:
James 1:2-8
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

So, I’m guessing, the lesson I need to take away from this is:

1. Trust the Field Supervisor. Trust the guys doing the work.
2. Persevere through my worries, let the work finish and believe it will “mature” into what I am wanting.
3. And most importantly…God is always in control.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]