It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Struggles 
MMT Elite Member

Post Struggles
It seems like lately of people are stressing and struggling. I was too for a while, and found the
Only thing that pulled me through was god. Lately it's as if he's just blessed me with one thing after another, and although times are still tough for me as I have just recently lost my job, I still wake up with a smile everyday thankful for so much. It's easy to loose site of things, especially when your down but one thing you should never loose site of us god. He's what pulls you through those struggles.

My girlfriend (one of the biggest blessings yet) went to gulf shores this past week and brought me a some stuff back. One was a gold coin and on one side there was a engraving on footsteps in the sand. On the back, this is what it read: "One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with The Lord. Scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each, I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints; other times there was only one. During the lowest times in my life I could see one one set of footprints, so I said, "Lord, you promised me, that you would walk with me always. Why, when I needed you most, would you leave me?"
The Lord replied. "My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

I thought that was pretty cool, and ironic all in the same. God blessed me with a great girl, and guys I'm here to tell you if she isint an angel sent from heaven she sure comes close. She's helped me with a ton of things, including my faith. She's also pulled me up on my feet again when I was down.

Just goes to show that all struggles do come to an end, so never loose faith.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:42 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Struggles
Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:53 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Don't mess it up. I could have used a different word but this is the Christian section, after all.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Always keep your sights on the Lord. Im happy for ya brasso. Things come and go in life and things change, but the one thing that will not change or leave you is God. Read the word everyday. I try to read a chapter everyday and it helps a lot with my life. I try not to cuss and bad mouth people and have God to help me stop and to change my life and follow Him, and He has. God is Great and awesome.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:42 pm
MMT Elite Member

Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:59 pm
MMT Elite Member

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:00 pm
MMT Pro Member

Matthew 19:24

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:10 pm
MMT Elite Member

Thank you guys! That's definitely true, we can always count on change. I'm finally starting to see that.

Lazarus - it's easier or a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for a rich man go get into heaven..? Explain..

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:54 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Guidry this is a honest question with no intent of hatred behind it.. Are you a Christian? If so what religion? And wha church do you attend?

Btw I understand the verse very clearly.. I meant explain what HE meant by stating it. It was kind of random.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:59 pm
MMT Elite Member

I'll take a stab at what lazarus was maybe referencing...

He may have been talking about you stating you didn't having a job. The analogy of the rich man vs. you being unemployed. Not to worry over the loss of income because money will not get you into heaven....just like the camel will not pass through the eye of the needle.

and BTW...it's God...not god. False idols are gods...like what the Mayans worshipped. Our God is always properly referenced with a capital "G."

Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 am
MMT Pro Member

[quote="BlueShamu"]I'll take a stab at what lazarus was maybe referencing...

He may have been talking about you stating you didn't having a job. The analogy of the rich man vs. you being unemployed. Not to worry over the loss of income because money will not get you into heaven....just like the camel will not pass through the eye of the needle.

and BTW...it's God...not god. False idols are gods...like what the Mayans worshipped. Our God is always properly referenced with a capital "G."[/quot Thanks , Lazarus

Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:55 am
MMT Pro Member

The story about the rich man not getting into heaven didnt have as much to do with wealth as it had to do with putting idols ahead of God. Money itself is not a bad thing but loving money more than your love for Christ is a bad thing. When Jesus told him to get rid of his money and get on board he couldnt do it. Keep your head up brotha.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:05 pm
MMT Elite Member

That's very true.. Alot of millionaires that I know are far from happy and that's because most don't have God in their lives.. They put their focus on their jobs and money rather than God. What alot of people fail to realize is that isint your house, your truck, your money... No God blessed you with that.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:26 pm
MMT Sponsor

gatorheads@comcast.net

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

A little commentary and study material on the subject:

Personally, and what I have been taught, I feel this parable simply reinforces Jesus' teachings in Mathew 6:19-31. In verse 24, Jesus specifically calls out "money."

“No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

This is important because Jesus did not just stop at saying "No one can serve two masters." He specifically calls out "money." He is saying how important it is to put your faith in God...not in money.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]