It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Becoming a Believer 
MMT Elite Member

Post Becoming a Believer
After speaking with a few others in regards to the benefits of living life in accordance to the Lord, I'm considering allowing others to provide to me evidence that God is indeed steering my life.

Can anyone here with God's grace and influence make me a believer?

(Ear pushed forward)

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:48 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Becoming a Believer

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:01 pm
MMT Elite Member

I'm not liking the sound of this.

I was really hoping that someone could put forth some evidence that would convince me otherwise. :(

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:07 pm
MMT Sponsor

The whole belief of Christianity is based on faith. faith is the belief in what we cannot see. You will never be convinced of the existence of our One True God, Our Saviour, by someone talking you in to it. Scripture tells us we are all born with Jesus in our hearts, but by the free will God has granted us we are to invite Him in to our lives. Its like the whole 'You can lead a horse to water... ' thing. God wants to be a part of your life. But you have to make a conscious decision to allow Him in it.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:31 pm
MMT Elite Member

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:11 pm
MMT Pro Member

Did you watch the Saints game? :lol:

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:41 am
MMT 1000 Club

Interesting question.

I am intently listening also as I have the same desire to know why so many people believe in this?

Why is the word Faith always promoted / pushed with religion.

Definition of Faith below.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

I have Faith in many things that don't revolve around religion.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:28 am
MMT Elite Member

The choice is yours, Craig. But, God IS in control.

http://www.gotquestions.org/God-is-in-control.html

Sent using Morse Code from my not so smart phone.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:10 pm
MMT 1000 Club

It is like when you marry your wife or if you have children. Want them to love you from their heart and not force them to love you cause they would have a resentful love. The same with God. He doesn't want to force you to love Him. He wants you to love Him from your heart. God gives us choices and allows us to make our own decisions weather they are right or wrong ones. And we have to face the consequences of our decisions rather right or wrong. God is real and satan is real and Heaven and hell are both very real. People know there is evil and that is of the devil. They believe that. But are hesitant to believe in the one and only true God. Cause they are scared of what society will think of them or their friends cause it ain't the popular thing or cool thing. People have instilled in them from the time they are in the womb to worship God. He wants it to be your decision to worship Him. He instilled it in you before you were born. You either worship God of heaven or the devil. And that is any other religion other than Christianity. I can tell you the best day of my life was when I decided to follow Christ and ask Him to come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviror. He changed me completely. I used to drink and fight all the time and not live the way God wanted me to. And I was miserable. In side and on the outside. But as soon as I excepted the Lord and confessed that I was a sinner and have fell short of the glory of God and confessed that He was Lord and The Lord of my life I changed. I am happy all the time and ain't grumpy or hate full or miserable. I truly love praising God. I listen to Christian music at work and in the car and love life and love Him. I am much more pleasant to be around. Just give God a try. And if you don't like living for God then you can always go back to the life of sin. Either way we are all goin to meet Him one day and confess that He is Lord and every knee will bow. Now if you stay in Heaven or burn in the lake of fire that is your choice. God gives you free will to choose. I hope this helps.

... ....... --- .. ------ .....

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 am
MMT 1000 Club

It is like when you marry your wife or if you have children. Want them to love you from their heart and not force them to love you cause they would have a resentful love. The same with God. He doesn't want to force you to love Him. He wants you to love Him from your heart. God gives us choices and allows us to make our own decisions weather they are right or wrong ones. And we have to face the consequences of our decisions rather right or wrong. God is real and satan is real and Heaven and hell are both very real. People know there is evil and that is of the devil. They believe that. But are hesitant to believe in the one and only true God. Cause they are scared of what society will think of them or their friends cause it ain't the popular thing or cool thing. People have instilled in them from the time they are in the womb to worship God. He wants it to be your decision to worship Him. He instilled it in you before you were born. You either worship God of heaven or the devil. And that is any other religion other than Christianity. I can tell you the best day of my life was when I decided to follow Christ and ask Him to come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviror. He changed me completely. I used to drink and fight all the time and not live the way God wanted me to. And I was miserable. In side and on the outside. But as soon as I excepted the Lord and confessed that I was a sinner and have fell short of the glory of God and confessed that He was Lord and The Lord of my life I changed. I am happy all the time and ain't grumpy or hate full or miserable. I truly love praising God. I listen to Christian music at work and in the car and love life and love Him. I am much more pleasant to be around. Just give God a try. And if you don't like living for God then you can always go back to the life of sin. Either way we are all goin to meet Him one day and confess that He is Lord and every knee will bow. Now if you stay in Heaven or burn in the lake of fire that is your choice. God gives you free will to choose. I hope this helps.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 am
MMT 1000 Club

What's the deal with double post? I posted once and it posted three times

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:28 am
MMT 1000 Club

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” (John 3:36 NKJV)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 am
MMT 1000 Club

while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. (II Corinthians 4:18 NKJV)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 am
MMT 1000 Club

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 NKJV)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:39 am
MMT 1000 Club

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:40 am
MMT 1000 Club

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (Hebrews 11:1 NLT)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:42 am
MMT 1000 Club

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. (I John 1:7 NKJV)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:43 am
MMT 1000 Club

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:2 NKJV)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:44 am
MMT 1000 Club

No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” Now John also was baptizing in Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there. And they came and were baptized. (John 3:13-21, 23 NKJV)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 am
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 am
MMT Elite Member

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:09 am
MMT 1000 Club

Without FAITH none of these will make since. O I almost forgot JESUS doesn't want to spend eternity with people who don't love him.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:18 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Becoming a Believer
I accepted Christ as my Savior at a young age. Looking back, I think I did it because that's how I was raised from my parents and wanted to please them. When I became a teenager, I became a hellion. Started drinking heavily at age 13, and was just a really bad kid in every way imaginable. Got to college and started smoking dope pretty regularly. I was flunking out of school and really didn't care. Got a beautiful 19 year old girl pregnant, and wasn't ready to settle down or to have a child. I was a miserable human being and hated life. I was far from happy and thought about suicide many times. It was at this time I turned back to The Lord and asked for his forgiveness. I chose to start following HIM for the very first time. It was my choice to drift away and live selfishly for my own gratification. He loved me and accepted me at my darkest hour and never gave up on me. You see, Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven. Through all of this, I recommitted to follow HIM. It was the best decision I have ever made. I married that beautiful girl and 18 years later we have 3 wonderful boys with a successful business.

I give all the glory to God for all my blessings. I wouldn't be where I am today without HIM. I'm not saying life is always a bed of roses, but I have a real purpose for living! To be united face to face with my creator one day and to spend eternity with HIM. My prayer is that others here that haven't decided to follow Jesus would pray about it and make that life changing decision!!!

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:36 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:46 pm
MMT Elite Member

NAJ,

I read your earlier post before it was pulled and I will try to have some total recall to address some of what you had written. I read it on my phone and wanted to be in front of a "real" keyboard to cut/paste your quote to specifically answer each point....because I know I will get long fingered on this reply.

I will preface this by saying I attempt to be a Bible studying and reading Christian. Therefore, the Bible is the Living Word. It is the Truth. The Bible is a collection of 66 different books, written over a timespan of over 1600 years. It is actual documentation of events which happened and have been witnessed. The books were written by 40 different authors of three different languages (nationalities if you will). You cannot accept part of the Bible as truth and other parts as fallacy.

The first thing you mentioned was about other religions. Yes, there are other religions out there that people practice; buddhism, islam, scientology...and even satanism; just to name a few. But, we have to go on the premise that when Craig was asking for evidence that God was steering lives, it was based on Christianity. As for Christianity, there is but only one true God. When questioned by religious leaders on which commandment was the most important, Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength."

There were several other points you made which seemed to echo a theme along the lines of "you people" condemn people for not believing what "we believe" or condemning people for the way they are living their lives.

I will be the first to admit, there are some Bible thumping, fire and brimstone, podium pounding individuals out there trying to sell that bill of goods. Man, that is just totally opposite of what Christianity is all about. Christianity is about compassion and mercy. I would much rather tell you what you should do to get into the Kingdom of Heaven than to tell you what you are doing will get you thrown into eternal damnation. When Jesus was confronted with the adultress is an awesome example of what Christianity is about:

As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd. “Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?” They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust. When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?” “No, Lord,” she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

Jesus agreed with the accusers that what the woman had done was wrong. But, what did He say? "Go and sin no more." He didn't tell her she was going to hell for what she had done! He told her to "go and sin no more." I have read somewhere about accounts that Jesus was actually writing the names and sins of the accusers in the dust! Sin is sin. We all have it. We are born into sin. There is no "big sin vs little sin" chart to live our lives by...at least not that I know about.

Paul, in writing to Timothy, stated, "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work."

Notice, Paul says the Bible "teaches" us what is true and "teaches" us to do what is right. The Bible makes us "realize" what is wrong in our lives and "corrects us" when we are wrong. I would rather teach what is right than teach what is wrong. If a person is taught what is right, then they should be able to realize what is wrong and correct it on their own. If a person is being "told" they are wrong, the first response is a defensive one. Just pick any MMT thread at random and you will find plenty of examples of that! :lol: :lol:

Man, I will be the first to admit, I am not without sin! I have done a lot of things in my life that I would be ashamed to tell. There are things I do even today that I regret after I have done it. But, that is where I have been taught what is right...and realize when I have done wrong.

It's not for me or anybody else to condemn or discipline you or Craig for the way you live your lives. God disciplines us. I can assure you and will attest, God has disciplined me in my life....more than once! I was a hard learner. :D I still get a lesson or two on a routine basis....just to remind me that I am human and that I need a little tuning up! There are several accounts in the Bible discussing God's discipline. Here are just a few passages:

Deuteronomy 8:5-6 reads, "Think about it: Just as a parent disciplines a child, the Lord your God disciplines you for your own good. So obey the commands of the Lord your God by walking in His ways and fearing Him."

In the book of Proverbs (a really good read on how the Bible says you should live your life), this passage can be found in Chapter 3, "My child, don’t reject the Lord’s discipline, and don’t be upset when He corrects you. For the Lord corrects those He loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights."

Job 5:17-18: “But consider the joy of those corrected by God! Do not despise the discipline of the Almighty when you sin. For though He wounds, He also bandages. He strikes, but His hands also heal."

Man, to me, that is just AWESOME! I am living testimony to that last one! (as I am sure many other Christians will also admit about themselves!)

As for me judging you or Craig...no way, man. We are all sinners. Like I said, there is no bar chart on what sin is worse than the next. All I can do is try my best to live my life in a way that is pleasing to God, according to His word. Am I going to stumble? Dang right. We will all be judged on judgement day. When that day comes, I pray my name is in the Book of Life. As for the "evidence" Craig is seeking....nobody on MMT will ever be able to provide him with that. It is something each of us have to come to terms with on our own, in our own way. But, the Bible has many instances of something along the lines, "Seek and you will find." So, if Craig is truly hungry for this knowledge, he will seek it out and he will find it. I have already prayed for Craig on this matter and I have also said a prayer that you receive better understanding, NAJ.

God Bless.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:50 pm
MMT Site Admin

You know, it was for this very reason that I had to think hard about whether to create this Christian forum or not. I've always been told that in business or even in personal dealings not to talk politics or religion.

Members here come from many different religious backgrounds and one thing that we all need to do here is to keep a level of respect for each others beliefs whether you agree with them or not. This would make this forum a lot better. We're not all gonna agree with each others' beliefs but at least we can respect them and vice versa.

I am also going to rename this forum to the Religion Forum. I think that name reflects better the diverse groups of folks here.

I was actually saved for two weeks when I attended a Christian school but two weeks was about it because I couldn't get them Ozzy songs out of my head.

Admin | Owner
Admin | Owner
Admin | Owner
CEO | Graphic Details Digital Media

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Did I miss something? What did Naj write that was pulled?

I have not seen too many religions that try to not work for good. The only one that does not seems to be Islam. I do not put anyone's religion down except for that one or cults that are secretive. It seems that if you can just be a guiding light, people will ask about a person's faith of God and his savior son.

I like what you said there Blue Shamu.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:47 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:11 am
MMT 1000 Club

Guys we have had some background talks with the Mods of this forum and Tony B.

When I replied I was on TapaTalk and didnt know that I was in this forum. Hard to read where you are in there when you are looking at the unread link.

I understand and respect Rods decision.

I decided to drop it and move on.

Sorry for any issues I caused.

Peace.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:39 am
MMT 1000 Club

Ok I see now.

Yeah, everyone is entitled to opinion and everyone should be able to post and bring up questions. And question the poster. Respect goes a long way too.

Keep posting Naj. If you are not a believer, you never know when your question or opinions bring up something that a reader is watching that will get them to thinking. They may never post.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:10 am
MMT 1000 Club

Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:37 am
MMT 1000 Club

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:00 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I guess I'm missin somethin. I was just tryin to post what I believe as for Craig was askin about what steers faith. I wasn't meaning to condemn anyone. Blue said it best and I like the way he explained it.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:14 pm
MMT Elite Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:17 pm
MMT Elite Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:22 pm
MMT Elite Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:30 pm
MMT Elite Member

Biblical definition of "faith" as written in Hebrews Chapter 11:

1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. 2 Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation. 3 By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.

Craig, all the things you mentioned...the sun coming up, your wife doing laundry, rubbing two sticks, etc....all are things that you have the confidence will actually happen because these are also all things which you can see. This is more that you "expect" these things to happen rather than "faith" they will happen. Why do you expect it? Because you have seen it for 34 years, 13 years and flames when you rub two sticks.

True faith is having the confidence in things you hope will happen that you cannot see (or have not seen); will happen.

And, I will continue to name drop you in my prayers. Thanks for the reminder!

Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next