It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Becoming a Believer 
MMT Member

Post Re: Becoming a Believer

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:06 pm
MMT Elite Member

Craig, you may want to call this coincidence...but, I will call it God speaking to us. I am catching up on some daily devotionals this evening and my devotion from Thursday had some very interesting comments.

"Keys to Answered Prayer"
The scripture it is based upon is John 16:24. "Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."

I'm not going to type out the entire page, but it goes on to read that if your prayers are not being answered, ask yourself three things:

(1) How is my relationship with the Lord?
(2) How strong is my faith?
(3) Am I showing patience?

So, I am just going to pass on how the devotion expanded on #2...since we were on the subject of "Faith."

"And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him." (Hebrews 11:6)

Three words in that passage to focus on....faith, believe, sincerely.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:07 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:50 am
MMT Member

I'm new on the forum and a new duck hunter - one season under my belt! As for the question about becoming a believer, there are many promises laid out in the Bible about God's grace and salvation. There are also many Old Testament proficies specific to Christ's birth, life, death and resurrection. To weave all of that together over hundreds of years, multiple continents and multiple languages would be impossible by human effort alone. Without all of that though, we still have evidence of a Creator. Look at the creation around us. Think of all the systems at work in your body, your senses, blood clotting (look into that one), emotions, etc. Think of gravity, the planetary alignments, atmospheric conditions and the order of living things.

The Bible says in Romans 10:13 that "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." My challenge to anyone questioning God is to consider the key points of the Christian faith and ask God to help you understand those. If you're at a point where you believe you are a sinner (as the Bible tells us we all are) and you are in need of Christ then call on Him by asking Him to come into your life, forgive you of your sins and lead you. Then connect with a Bible believing church.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:48 am
MMT 1000 Club

^^ this

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:55 pm
MMT 1000 Club

To me personally. First , my Christianity starts that there is a GOD that he is all being all powerful. . The evidence is all around me . When I watch the sunrise in a duck blind . Sitting in a stand over falling acorns. His majesty and his creation confirm to me that somebody way smarter than me had a plan. I believe that God created the heavens and the earth . I've been all over this planet . Too many countries to count . I've seen GODS majesty in landscapes totally foreign to my neck of the woods back in the states , but they were no less beautiful .

Second , I believe that GOD sent his only son Jesus down to earth , that he died on the cross that All our sins would be forgiven. I personally believe that the weak puny caricature portrayed as Jesus to be false. Jesus was a carpenter . He grew up in Joseph's household . Joseph and his whole family were carpenters. . Now in no way shape or form am I comparing myself to Jesus. , but I'm. 41 years old and have been a carpenter by trade for over 24 years . Carpenters work. , these men where in shape. . When Jesus reached adolescent years till the time he was a grown man , he worked with Joseph as a carpenter. When Jesus left Joseph's household to take up his task. . He collected among him disciples. , I believe Jesus was without sin. , I think his character his humbleness , his bearing .his steadfast iron will, His gentleness and his anger . Remember Jesus for having no formal education was able to debate with theist learned men of that day. . He touched all walks of life and had disciples from blue collar to educated men to fisherman .

Another item that I want to mention when Jesus died he fought the devil and defeated him and claimed the keys to hell . As a Christian the devil will try to make you sin , that s what he wants. . As a Christian the devil has no claim on you . By the blood of Christ we are saved. , and by Jesus name we are given power over the devil and the demons he commands . in Jesus name I rebuke you satan . In Jesus name get thee away from me . You see Jesus already defeated satan .

Third . Faith. , faith to me is being self employed for over 20 years and knowing that The Lord will provide. . Faith to me is praying for rain , and the rain coming. , faith to me is a lot about trust , mostly blind trust. , knowing and believing that what I ask he will provide .

This is what I believe. , as stated several times before. , none of us are perfect , especially me , we all have our demons that we battle , but it helps with that battle knowing that GODS grace and forgiveness his spiritual armor that comes from reading his word , and the knowledge that Jesus has already defeated satan. , that death has no power over me. These are the tools GOD has given me , freely , with free will for me to chose how to live my life . To raise my family .

H Finn

18x54 Uncle J -GTR - with the koolaid
Back H2o SWOMP 23 SS stage 2 15x36 GD Duck Skiff GATOR
GATOR GLIDE PROSTAFF
BACKWATER PROSTAFF
http://www.gatorglide.com

Coupe rest in peace brother

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:53 pm
MMT 1000 Club

very well put Huck

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:12 am
MMT Elite Member

Can I get a witness!?!?

Well said, Huck.

Sent using Morse Code from my not so smart phone.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:16 am
MMT Pro Member

Craig,

Things to consider:

1. The very fact that you are asking these questions is evident that the
Lord is steering you towards accepting Him as your Savior.

2. The path is already paved for you. Jesus crucifixtion for our sins and
His resurrection is already done to provide us eternal life.

3. The decision to believe is yours alone. Many young men make this
decision after their life is in shambles. The ones that are really
fortunate start to follow Jesus at the earliest opportunity.

4. Christian friends can help you, and these days that seems to extend
out to forums also.

5. This is the most iportant decision of your life.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:44 am
MMT 1000 Club

Great post Huck!!!

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Thanks for posting this Huck.

Last night, I prayed that the sun would rise this A.M. and it did.

I'm convinced.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 pm
MMT Elite Member

Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:59 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Amen

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:53 pm
MMT F.E.

Just found this and it hit the spot. Just last weekend I decided to go to a different church and found that it is where I want to be.
I was born and raised a Catholic but for the last decade or so have had my doubts and decided to get away from the religion. Finally had enough nerve to walk into a different church and found what I was looking for. Man, I got alot of catching up to do.
Some good stuff on this thread.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:00 am
MMT F.E.

Stumbled upon this thread and I couldn't stop smiling as a believer in Christ myself and seeing that there are some men of God on this site made me happy and hope that ya realize this is a huge witnessing tool and a place for encouragement as ya have displayed already very well. .. I will be praying for you Craig whatever decision you have made or maybe will make and for the others that read this.. Don't knock it til you try it..
For those that posted , huck , shamu and i know there were others just can't remember but thanks to you, very encouraging for me .

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:00 pm
MMT Addict

I'll tell you what worked for me and brought me to Christ.
Study the history of the Old Testament and the New. Simple stuff at first. It's fascinating. It was so long ago. Imagine the time that travel took. No cars, jets, trains. Camel or foot. Read and study biblical history with an open mind.
Read Genesis in the NIV Bible then immediately read Revelation.
Find a Bible study with some peers and read talk about it.
Here's the best part that's so easy.
Make your faith your own. Figure out what works for you and let 'er rip.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:13 am
MMT Elite Member

I realized my spirituality sitting on top of Mt. Shasta watching thunderstorms roll through and lightening strike from above the clouds...... I had been raised Catholic and presbytarian. Sitting there by myself at 11 thousand feet witnessing nature made me realize that we are nothing... we are so insignificant... that smallness that I felt and when you sit on a mountain and watch thund r storms, you are very very small.....but I realized we are part of the process. The creator gave us free will. We choose our paths. If you choose to believe in christianity, islam, Buddhism ...whatever. It's your choice. They all describe the creation and will of god. My realization that God's will is our will due to god giving us free will changed my behavior towards other people and myself. It was almost like all my problems meant nothing..... and they dont. I have found my faith. It's not a box store religion but a personal relationship with God .....

you drink the kool aid, id rather drink the whiskey and raise hell!!!!

Black ops IITX marshstalker

1840 WC www.wccustomboats.com
fuel injected 25 GTR

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:36 am
MMT Elite Member

The God of Israel has a proper name, written YHWH (Hebrew: יְהֹוָה, Modern Yehovah Tiberian Yəhōwāh) in the Hebrew Bible. The name YHWH is a combination of the future, present, and past tense of the verb "howa" (Hebrew: הוה‎) meaning "to be" and translated literally means "The self-existent One". A further explanation of the name was given to Moses when YHWH stated Eheye Asher Eheye (Hebrew: אהיה אשר אהיה‎) "I will be that I will be", the name relates to God as God truly is, God's revealed essence, which transcends the universe. It also represents God's compassion towards the world. In Jewish tradition another name of God is Elohim, relating to the interaction between God and the universe, God as manifest in the physical world, it designates the justice of God, and means "the One who is the totality of powers, forces and causes in the universe".

The name of God in Judaism used most often in the Hebrew Bible is the four-letter name יהוה (YHWH), also known as the Tetragrammaton. El (god), Elohim (god, singular and plural form, depending on the context), El Shaddai (god almighty), Adonai (master), Elyon (highest) and Avinu (our father) are regarded by many religious Jews not as names, but as epithets or titles highlighting different aspects of YHWH and the various 'roles' of God.[1]

As christians we should know our god. And the foundation of our beliefs in Judaism.

fuel injected 25 GTR

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:27 am
MMT Elite Member

I say this because even the most devout begin to make god a man. He or I should say it is the essence of everything. It does not have a voice. We cannot even fathom "god".... everyone has a different form of God that they pray to. For most it's an old white haired bearded man..... it might as well be a clown.... God is. God is not a form. Most christians commit idolatry without even knowing it and totally unintentionally.

fuel injected 25 GTR

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 am
MMT Elite Member

Too deep?

fuel injected 25 GTR

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2