It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bowfishing Grand Isle 
MMT F.E.

Post Bowfishing Grand Isle
I'm heading to Fourchon/Grand Isle the last weekend of March for a bachelor party and bowfishing. Has anyone ever bowfished the marsh south of Hwy 1 between Fourchon & GI? I have fished it a good bit during the day but never at night.

I will be coming from the public launch in Fourchon. Not sure how to get out into the marsh from there but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I usually bowfish my lease up in Golden Meadow but I hate to make that ride at night. I think the water stays fairly deep back there but I'm not sure if any grass is back since the storm. I know the water used to stay pretty clear but I haven't been back there this time of year. Any good areas back there or should I run up the road and launch in GM? Thanks

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:30 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Bowfishing Grand Isle
Where you at in Golden Meadow?

The more you try to teach a stupid person something the dumber you get!!!

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:32 am
MMT F.E.

East side, off of Tidewater Canal.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:33 pm
MMT Pro Member

OK Down the Mosey La'. Brother-n-Law has a camp bak ther off the Yankee by the pumps.

The more you try to teach a stupid person something the dumber you get!!!

Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:36 pm
MMT F.E.

Has he been able to get to it? I heard it was silted in. We have a houseboat parked on our lease that couldn't make it to the back for duck season because of the silt. Also wasn't able to make the usual pumping station trips either. He probably has to pass by my camp, or where my camp used to be, to get to his camp.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:25 pm
MMT 1000 Club

wil,you had that green houseboat in the corner or the other one in the dead-end across from ernest amos' trailer camp?
if you got a mud motor you will make it,me and the birdman went through there a coupla'months ago.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:49 pm
MMT F.E.

I think the area you're talking about is a little farther northwest. My camp wasn't a houseboat. It was about 4 miles down Tidewater, take a left (north) at the canal with the posted sign, then my camp was about 500 yards on the right. Green camp across from Rebstocks camp. I think you are talking about the camps on the canal between my camp and the pumping station.

We are building a new houseboat now to put on the lease. Couldn't just give up after Gustav. Just talked with my buddy, he got new gate keys and is heading to the pumping station tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a good report.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:07 pm
MMT 1000 Club

dude,if you can get a key for the gate,i would think you should be able to shoot some monster gar in that corner.i wanna go,i have a pass on my boat but no key for the gate.i can't get caught illegaly in there,i work for the man with the big white house-barge.i get off the boat on the 25th.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]