It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 CALLS OF CHOICE 
MMT Pro Member

Post CALLS OF CHOICE
I HAVENT SEEN THIS BROUGHT UP SO ILL START IT OFF, WHAT IS EVERYONES FAVORITE ON THEIR LANYARD?

MY FAVORITE IS MY FOILES STRAIT SUZZY, DOUBLE REED, AND MY RNT ORIGINAL, SINGLE REED, IM JUST REALLY LEARNING HOW TO CALL AND THESE TWO TO ME SOUND THE BEST, WITH THE SUZZY YOU CAN GET A SOFT SWEET TALKING QUACK TO AN EAR BLEEDING HAIL CALL, THE RNT IS LOUD, GREAT FOR OVER CALLING THE MANCHAC CROWD, :lol:

Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:33 am
MMT Addict

Post Re: CALLS OF CHOICE
Red Leg or my black hole. For a good loud open water call can't beat a rotens vortex

1840 gator tail with 35GTR
15xx Bateau with 15 honda

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:01 am
MMT Pro Member

Original Cuttdown double reed,
Cuttdown Straight Green Single,
7 in one

The more you try to teach a stupid person something the dumber you get!!!

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:04 am
MMT Pro Member

rnt original for open water love it but to loud in the swamp, there i use a rnt timbre but im not sure if ilike the timbre yet

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 am
MMT Pro Member

TRY TO BLOW THE MICRO HEN, I BLEW JUST ABOUT ALL THE RNT CALLS AND THAT ONE IS SWEET, EASY TO BLOW AND NOT AS LOUD AS THE ORIGINAL, IF YOU WANT A NEW RNT TRY THAT ONE OUT.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:12 am
MMT Addict

DC Brown Sugar.
DC Reacher barrel, duckpicker insert and reed trimmed a little. (sounds like a single reed on the top end and gets raspy like a double)
Watkins Swamp Bore is my next duck call

I've got a bunch of goose calls, but right now I'm running a Poly Clucker by Zink and a Sean Mann Express Shorty. I've killed a pile of honkers with a Haydels though. I just can't get a full season out of one without it cracking.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:27 pm
MMT Pro Member

echo open water, fowl language something or other (traded it for crappie jigs, so i ain't sure the specks), and a DC ole raspy.

Goosebird lanyards got a poly Zinc, a saunders traffic, and a FA speck call...

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:26 pm
MMT Pro Member

the original can get very low for timber it's all about control on a call but the timbre is a nice quit call very easy for any caller to use my go to call is a RNT shortbarrel it pure duck in my hands :lol:

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:00 pm
MMT Pro Member

Location: Drive East until somebody gives you the finger, then drive five hours North.
I've got a RNT SB in Bocote that I like, but hopefully will be adding a Daisy Cutter and a Microhen, both Acrylic, this summer as well. Finally got a chance to try them, and they're sweet. Buddy was across the store and he told me the 2nd and 3rd calls I tried sounded awesome. Happened to be those two. Really liked the pitch of the Micro. Birds here late season tend to react better to a younger sounding bird.

Oh yeah.........

"Once I ate leftover chinese that had been kept in an unsealed container and I experienced complete awareness."

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:03 pm
MMT Member

JJ Lares T-1

I got a daisy cutter on my lanyard, but I don't ever use it no more.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:13 am
MMT Pro Member

just got to work this morning and the bosses wife got me a roten's vortex, there was one at the pierre part store and i had her pick it up for me, this thing is pretty nice for $25. its easy to blow a feedin chatter and wont break over on a hail call, just simply gets louder. i took white1's advice and picked it up, just another addition to the lanyard.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:23 am
MMT 1000 Club

I mainly use a daisey cutter...I love my old dc calls, but they always lock up....I have an old dc200 and I loved it...but the reed started slipping so I got a new one, and same thing...It sucks too...I loved that call. I know they are alot cheaper than some calls, but I just wish they would last a little longer. :cry:

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:16 am
MMT Member

RNT original.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 pm
MMT Pro Member

Why?... Why worry about call of choice?... I learned long ago that everyone is a duck callin champ right up til they hunt with me then they just had a bad day.. What I'm saying is that 98% don't have the foggiest clue who to blow a duck call so why give 2 shits which then can turn into a kazoo the fastest.. Know what I'm saying?.. :mrgreen:

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:25 pm
MMT Addict

1929 model Olt D-2 keyhole modified Ark. style

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:53 pm
MMT Pro Member

You are so full of shit Hizzy.. You ain't got a 1929 cutt down keyhole and if you did you ain't got enough ass or balls to blow it.. That's a mans call.. :lol:

Btw... I gots a basket full of keyholes dating back to around the late 30's.. Some are cut and some are still in the original box.. How much you give me for em?.. :mrgreen:

Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:37 pm
MMT Addict

I still want to hear a moco run an Olt cut down the right way.

As for calling, I must be in that 2% Rail talks about. 8-) No comp calling shit, just working birds to the water. I water-swatted 75% of the ducks I killed this year. I called a flock of turkeys in with a goose call. Somebody should put me on a video. Straight pro-friggin-staff material here. :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:14 am
MMT Addict

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:46 am
MMT Pro Member

Beins that I growed up in the IL River valley I gots a lot of them.. Some from sales... Some from old timers.. Some passed down in the family.. I've had em cut down by local guys and I've got a couple cut down from a master in AR that passed away a few years ago.. Some take a compressor to run and some run themselves.. The LA cut doesn't do anything for me either.. I like either the AR or Grafton style cuts.. I won't sell any of them.. Too much history in em that I want to pass down to my kids as well..

PS.. You'd be surprised which big name call makers and call champions still blow a cut down when it's just a hunt for fun.. :mrgreen:

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Location: Unaffiliated, SETX group has caused me to renounce my Texas Citizenship

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:19 am
MMT Addict

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]