It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Crazy Sighting! 
MMT Pro Member

Post Crazy Sighting!
I don't think any of yall would believe it either but you never know! I was on the subject with some guys at work about panther sightings. Figured I'd tell yall about it too.

Two years ago, on March 8th I was bowfishin down in delacroix, la with my sister and my wife. We were running up a pipeline canal coming from little lake, and headed toward lake lery in search of some clearer water when I saw a set of eyes by the waters edge. I hollered out "hey what's that on the bank right there!" It had been bent down drinkin water and it sat up and looked at us, then turned to go into the grass. Saw the entire body! It was about 3 1/2 ft tall at the shoulder and at least 5 ft long with a long ass tail! Tannish brown in color with dark colored dappled spots. The critter only went about 10 yards into the grass and turned back to look at us again. We all three saw it. Never woulda thought I'd see anything like it down there! found this pic online and it looks just like what we saw

Yall ever seen any big cats around here in LA? Let's hear your stories!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:10 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Re: Crazy Sighting!
You're drunk. It was a bobcat.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:20 pm
MMT Member

I have about 3 weeks ago the Friday before the flooding happened. I was driving down boy scout rd in big branch refuge and as I turned a corner it ran across the road. That's all it could a been low muscular tan and a long tail. I was kinda in shock for a moment then started swearing cause no pic and nobody is gonna believe me

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:24 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I know I'm not in Louisiana but they're not spoda be here in the north Florida panhandle either. I've been an outdoorsman all my life, ain't blind, crippled or crazy and I've seen one positively without a doubt! I found out months later that within a couple weeks of seeing it a friends wife almost hit one near that area going to work. Needless to say it's kept me kind of leery goin' in/out the woods for the last several years.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:55 pm
MMT Elite Member

There's a few here in the Red River bottoms of Arkansas

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:37 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Y'all seen the video from some nature walk in Florida where the woman has one run right by her on the boardwalk? It literally went two feet from her.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:03 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I don't have a clue how to imbede videos nor do I care :lol: but here you go.

http://youtu.be/20ZmTzU2c40

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:09 pm
MMT Elite Member

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:16 am
MMT 1000 Club

DAM THATS TABBY!!!! WHERE YOU SEE MY HOUSE CAT AT?

No I wasn't talking about you but if the shoe fits lace that bitch up & wear it!!!!

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:41 am
MMT 1000 Club

The one I seen had a blue stripe down its back and was carrying a 200 inch whitetail buck that was fighting a smaller buck with two yellow stripes down his back. True story...

Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:54 pm
MMT Addict

I grew up with them all over the place in UT. Only ever laid eyes on them once. Had tracks come up to the back door, all over the yard, but never actually saw them.

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:56 pm
MMT 1000 Club

That's the crazy thing, I'd seen the tracks before and have since. I'd heard a scattered covey of quail calling which is rare in itself here nowadays and was just looking/listening to them for several minutes when that sumbuck moved. I realized it had been there the whole time! I just kinda went "OH Shit..." mofo coulda had me easy had I been on foot! I'm sure I'd never gotten close if it hadn't of been after those birds.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:35 am
MMT 1000 Club

My dad grew up in the swamps of Florida and tells of seeing panthers . Now the cougar stories here in Indiana are B.S.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:18 pm
MMT 1000 Club

There's more out there than anyone thinks. Some people down the road from me (actually right next to Hugo point for anyone that knows the,area) shot one in their chicken coop a few months ago. There was another one hit by a car in front of my neighborhood a few years ago. And that's just here in east Texas, I got the opportunity to to fly in a survey helicopter on a 10,000 acre MLD ranch in south Texas a few years ago and I bet we counted 25 or so big cats during that survey and we only flew just over half the property during the time I got to ride...

I've had encounters with one twice in my life. First was when I was about 8 me and my dad were sitting in a deer stand and right at dark a yearling deer walked through a trail between some pretty thick brush and out of nowhere dust flew and all hell broke loose and that's when I saw the cat dragging the deer off. Scared me to death. Second time was a few years later on the same ranch and we could hear some hogs rooting behind us before daylight then all the sudden we heard this horrible squeal/grunt that went on for a few seconds and as it was at full squeal it made a deep grunt then immediate silence. It was that bone chilling silence to. On our way out that mornings we had to walk past that same spot and right next to splattered blood from the pig was our footprints from walking into the blind that morning and on top of our tracks were the cats. Never again did we walk to the blind before daylight. Landowner required everyone be dropped off before daylight or walk in after the sun rises. We didn't hunt there much longer after that.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:20 pm
MMT 1000 Club

QnS I'm not doubting cat sightings in a lot of places. I used to fish out of Port Mansfield and once went to a ranch I think it was called El Salto and the ranch manager told us there were all kinds of cats on the property. No doubts from me.
Now cougars here in Southern Indiana. ......psssh.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:56 pm
MMT Addict

We have several Panthers in my area of south/central Florida. Have seen one REAL close while turkey hunting, two others at a distance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:30 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Ib my dad grew up in the Plant City /Turkey Creek area and seen a panther back in the day.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:18 pm
MMT Pro Member

I've never seen one though my dad has about a mile from our property in east Alabama, but I've heard one scream down the creek bottom at dark while I was walking back to the house one evening from doing tractor work. If you've ever heard one, you'll never forget it. I could take you to the exact blades of grass I was stepping on when I first heard it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:18 pm
MMT Addict

They do scream. It'll scare the shit out of you. First time I heard one scream was in Madison, Florida on a hunting lease.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]