It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Texan Making Trip - Where in LA/ARK/South Tex? Meet up? 
MMT Addict

Post Texan Making Trip - Where in LA/ARK/South Tex? Meet up?
I live on the SETX coast. A good friend and I are wanting to making a hunt on January 21st and 22nd - potentially up to a 5 hour drive from Beaumont, Texas. He's got a a new baby coming next month, and it's great timing for this trip for us.

Any of you guys willing to meet up with us and put us in the general direction of a good hunting area? We obviously have no knowledge of the WMAs and refuges we'll be trying to go to. Everything I learn before hand would be blind knowledge. It would be nice to meet up with someone at a boat ramp that can lead us the right direction. I'll even buy you a dinner Friday or Saturday evening!

We we'd like to stick to public land. I'll be dragging my Uncle J Custom and my dog Ace. Flooded timber would be awesome, as we've never hunted it. Up for anything though - just after a change of scenery from the Texas Coasts.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Texan Making Trip - Where in LA/ARK/South Tex? Meet up?
Man you can get into some good timber hunting just up on Rayburn and Toledo, just need to plan some time to scout it as it's a LOT of water to cover.

I'm in a unique spot being basically right between the lakes and the coast. I could point y'all in some sort of general direction depending on what exactly you are after. Taking trips is a good time, but you may not have to go as far as you think.

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm
MMT Addict

Looks like we're going to meet up with Russ in north LA.

I love the lakes. Spent a lot of time near Six Mile as a kid and teenager. Really though - we're just looking for a road trip, good restaurants, and good fellowship. Having a better chance at getting a 2-3 man limit would just be icing on the cake.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:47 am
MMT 1000 Club

10-4, y'all fellas have a safe trip.

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]