It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Creek Fishing Smallmouth Bass 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Creek Fishing Smallmouth Bass
While I wait for the boat to be built, we have been doing a good bit of bank fishing (mostly for blue gills). My 16 year old daughter asked if we could bust brush and fish Richland Creek back behind the house. We lost our old access when folks with horses fenced it off. Richland Creek is a fairly shallow creek in NW Arkansas that feeds into the White River. We used a machete and made a way to the creek with a pair of ultra lights.

I have never fished for smallmouth before. My daughter was casting a beetle spin and I heard her drag start smoking pretty fast. She had hooked a pretty decent size smallmouth. I do not think I have seen any freshwater fish pull any harder than creek smallmouth. Pound for pound they hit hard and pull hard. She ended up catching four or five of them. I could only seem to produce largemouth. I was working a little weighted grub but my daughter stuck with small spinners.

I picked up a number of small spinners and think I will go back and see if I can hook into some of these little beasts.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:56 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Creek Fishing Smallmouth Bass
Is that all the bigger that creek is? Must have been fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:45 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Creek Fishing Smallmouth Bass
4Cody4

What you see in the pic above is just a little run-off ditch that feeds the creek. It is not deep enough to hold fish.

This is a pic of the same creek about half a mile down stream. My wife and I used to fish it often. It was nice because you could catch bream, cats, or bass and we could walk there in minutes. Most places in the creek are pretty shallow, but there are holes that are six food deep and better.

Right before my last trip to the middle east, my neighbor rode back and fished it with me. He was throwing a Rooster Tail and in a matter of minutes caught one bass, one small mouth, one walleye, and one stripped bass. It was the first and only time I ever saw a walleye. I did not realize we had them in Beaver lake and the White River. They have to be about the best tasting fish you can get your hands on.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gator Tail XD 37 EFI -Delta Performance Level 3

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]